Error when making new powerpoint based on template

I am attempting to use an existing powerpoint presentation (or template) as a basis for creating new presentations. When I try and do the following, I get an exception:

_powerpointPresentation = new PresentationEx(“ApturaTemplate.potx”);
_powerpointPresentation.Write(@“C:\test.pptx”);

The exception I get is on the .Write call:
The node to be removed is not a child of this node.

I have also tried doing the following with the same result:

_powerpointPresentation = new PresentationEx(“ApturaTemplate.pptx”);
_powerpointPresentation.Write(@“C:\test.pptx”);

Stack Trace:
at System.Xml.XmlNode.RemoveChild(XmlNode oldChild)
at System.Xml.XmlNode.ReplaceChild(XmlNode newChild, XmlNode oldChild)
at st.a(h6 A_0)
at by.e()
at h6.e()
at h6.e()
at h6.e()
at h6.e()
at rr.e()
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.a(nh A_0, fz A_1, Hashtable A_2)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.a(nh A_0, fz A_1, Hashtable A_2)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.a(jb A_0)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Write(Stream stream)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Write(String file)
at DSE.Aptura.Exporter.PowerPointWriter.Finish() in C:\TFS\DSE Delta Sigma Excellence\ApturaProductSearch\DSE.Aptura.Exporter\PowerPointWriter.cs:line 37
at DSE.Aptura.Exporter.FileExporter.ExportToFile(String filePath, IExportWriter exportWriter) in C:\TFS\DSE Delta Sigma Excellence\ApturaProductSearch\DSE.Aptura.Exporter\FileExporter.cs:line 29
at DSE.Aptura.ProductSearch.UI.ExcelUtility.uiExportToPowerpoint_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\TFS\DSE Delta Sigma Excellence\ApturaProductSearch\DSE.Aptura.ProductSearch.UI\ExcelUtility.cs:line 81
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Dear Bryan,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to observe the stack trace shared by you. Can you please share the source presentations for necessary investigation, so that we may help you in resolving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

I have attached the powerpoint that I attempted this with. You can convert it to a .potx file to try the other example I provided as well (your forum does not allow me to upload .potx files).

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID 19727 has already been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the problem. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Can I see your issue tracking system to monitor progress, or is it completely internal?

Mudassir:

Hi Bryan,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID 19727 has already been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the problem. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Also, we need to move on and work around this issue for the time being. Is there a particular item in the template that is causing the program to crash? i.e., if we remove X from the template, the error will go away?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19727) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)