Error when saving excel with refreshed pivot table

Hi,

We have recently updated our version of Aspose.Cells from 7.4.3.2 to 7.4.3.3 and found that something is no longer working. We use to be able to refresh a pivot table (containing one column) and then re-save the file, but now we get an error message appear “Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.”.

I have done an investigation on this issue and found that this error does not appear when the “PivotTable.CalculateData()” method is not called after the refresh. This error seems to appear regardless of whether we are changing the source table’s contents or not.

I have attached a small application to demonstrate this problem.
I have also attached an input file “single column pivot table input file.xlsx”.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

After running your project, we found the generated file does not open. We were able to replicate this error. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41711.

Odd that you are able to generate a file at all. When I run that application I just get and error message. I am checking this project.

Thank you for the quick response.

Hi,

Well, actually Aspose.Cells starts generating the file until it found the exception as you mentioned. The “generatedFile.xlsx” is only 8KB which is of course an invalid file.

Hopefully, we could fix the issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

Thank you very much for clarifying that.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.5 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for resolving this issue; I have updated to version 7.4.3.5 and we are now able to save the workbook containing singled column pivot tables.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know your issue
is resolved with the latest fix. If you encounter any other issue,
please feel free to post on forum, we will be glad to help you further.