Error while exporting data to excelworkbook using Aspose.Cell

Hi Wangtao,

I have tried your fix with the attachment provided by you. Unfortunatly Log file "Aspose.ReportServices.log" is not created in "LogFiles" folder of ReportServer and I got the same error (i.e. An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError) An error occurred during rendering of the report. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

Than after I have manually created the file "Aspose.ReportServices.log" in "LogFiles" folder of ReportServer and tried to get error details in this file but I was not able to do so.

Please provide inputs to proceed further.

Thanks,
Mayuri

Hi Wangtao,

Please provide inputs to proceed further on this issue as early as possible.

Thanks,
Mayuri

Dear Mayuri

Sorry for the delay.

Creating the Aspose.ReportingServices.log file is the first step of rendering the report .

You may have not updated the correct version.

The Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll file should be located at \Microsoft SQL Server\\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\.

Please check the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll version that is 1.0.0.3 .

Hi Wangtao,

Thanks for your help & support. I am glad to inform you that the fix (of version 1.0.0.3) provided by you is working and now I can able to download data from report to excel using Aspose.Cell (for all 3 options provided by Aspose.Cell installation).

However, one problem reagrding format is occured. In my report, one of the field called "Cost" has value like 56.00. this value in file generated using Aspose.Cell is diaplyed as "g".

On analyzing further it has been found that, the format of this cell in excel file (generated by Aspose.Cell) is considered as "Custom" instead of "Number". For same report, file generated using "Excel" displays correct value. Also in log file for Aspose.cell in LogFiles folder of MSSQL reportingservices contains correct value.

Herewith I have attached all three file for your reference in one Zip file as "CategoryReport.zip". Which are as follows:-

1)CategoryReport_Aspose.xls
2)CategoryReport_Excel.xls
3)Aspose.ReportServices.log

I am thankful to you and your support team for helping me through this but I appreciate for further help on this

Regards,
Mayuri

Dear Mayrui,

Please check the RDL file. If the format code of "Cost" TextBox is "g" in RDL file, that means you describe the kind of situation.

The "g" format code is the error format code. The aspose.cells.reportingserices do not handle this exception .

Now ,fix the problem. Please try the attached fixed.

If the problem still persists , please post the RDL file here .

Hi Wangtao,

Thanks for all your help. Fix is working fine and now I can able to view cost in proper format.
Thanks again for help..

Regards,
Mayuri