Error while opening the xls document

Hi,

Am saving the attached ods file to a xls file. While opening the output xls file in excel, am getting the following error alert message in excel .
"File error, some number formats may have been lost."

Lost the comma separator and currency symbol In the cell D9 of the output xls file. Attached the output xls file also.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi,

Thanks for your reporting.

I was able to reproduce this bug with the latest Aspose.Cells for Java v2.5.3.8.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-27939.

Hi,

Any update on this?

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi Santhosh,

I am afraid, we do not have any update on this issue. Although we have asked for it and as soon as we get any news, we will post it here.
Thank you.

Hi Santhosh,

We will provide a fix for this issue early in next week. Thank you for your patience.

Hi,

I think, your issue is now fixed. I have tested your input file with the latest Aspose.Cells for Java v2.5.4.2 and found, the output file is opening fine. Let me know if you see any problem.

Output file is attached. Below is my code.

Java

String pathFirst = “F:\Downloads\Input.ods” ;

Workbook firstWorkbook = new Workbook();

firstWorkbook.open(pathFirst);

firstWorkbook.save(pathFirst+".out.xls", FileFormatType.EXCEL97TO2003);

Hi,

It’s working fine now. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi,

Please download Aspose.Cells for JAVA v2.5.4.3.

Please use this new fix instead of V2.5.4.2. Fix V2.5.4.2 has a bug which may cause problem when saving workbook from one file format to another.

Hi Santhosh,

We have just released another fix version of Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.3 [attached]. The previous version V2.5.4.2 has a bug which may cause problem when saving workbook from one file format to another.

Hi,

Thank you for your information. We are going to use the version 2.5.3.8. We have tested well in this version. We have found some issues and posted that in your forum. Still now, we haven’t found any serious issue in this version. So we have decided to use this version(2.5.3.8). If we found any serious issue, then we will let you know. Also If you found any such kind of issues in the version 2.5.3.8, let us know. Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi again,

If you feel comfortable with Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.3.8 then it is fine with us. We are continuously enhancing our product therefore the latest release must have some enhancements. Also, we may have fixed some issues.
Below link contain the release notes for Aspose.Cells JAVA v.2.5.4 that was released latter than v2.5.3.8.
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry307071.aspx

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 27939) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.