Error with Jasper 5.6.0 and Aspose greater or equal 18.1

Hello,

I have JasperReports 5.6.0 in use with Aspose.Words for JasperReports 17.12. If I now use the version 18.1, 18,2 or 18.3 of Aspose I get the following abort:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperPrint.getPageFormat (I) Lnet / sf / jasperreports / engine / PrintPageFormat;
at awjr.awjr3.awjr7.a (Unknown Source)
at awjr.awjr6.awjr6.c (Unknown Source)
at awjr.awjr6.awjr6.a (Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.jasperreports.AWAbstractExporter.a (Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.jasperreports.AWAbstractExporter.exportReport (Unknown Source)
at de.kdo.sap.Tables.Tables.main (Tables.java:67)

Why is there an error message here at once? Is there a solution for this?

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach JRPRINT file here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi,

I attached an example to this post. If this example is implemented with JasperReports 5.6.0 and Aspose.Words 18.1, 18.2 or 18.3, the error message shown above occurs.

Example.zip (1.5 KB)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and noticed that java.lang.VerifyError exception is thrown while exporting JRXML to DOCX on JasperReports 5.6.0. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJR-235. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

now, Aspose 18.4 works fine with JasperReports 5.6.0. Thank you.

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJR-235) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.4 update.