Error with Reporting Services Render with DOCX (stress test)

Hi Tahir,

Yes - I am using that rdl.

Can you confirm that you have not enabled caching on the report like Vadim indicated above.

Hi Neil,

Please accept my apologies for late response. Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, I have not enabled the caching on the report. Please see the attached image for detail.

Hi Tahir,

So what now ?

I have reproduced this issue one 2 different instances of Reporting Services and essentially 2 different code bases.

What can you guys do on your side to try take this further ?

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share your working environment like Operating System, SQL Server Reporting Services version etc. Once you share the details, we will prepare the required platform to simulate the environment as of yours. We will test this scenario at same platform and share our finding with you. I have tested the scenario at Windows 7 and SQL Server 2012 and have not faced any exception.

Thanks Tahir,

The 1 environment is SQL SERVER 2008 with Windows 7
The second environment I will need to confirm…

Hi Neil,

Thanks for sharing the information. Are you using SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2? Please share this information. I will install the same SQL Server (2008/2008 R2) and will test this issue.

Hi Tahir,

It is SQL Server 2008 R2.

The second environment is Windows 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008 R2.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for sharing the details. We will prepare the required platform to simulate the environment as of yours. As soon as everything is setup, we will test the issue at our end and will post the results here for your kind reference.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Any update ?

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I have not prepared the required platform yet. Hopefully, I will prepare the same setup by the end of this week.

Hi Tahir,

This is a consistent problem for us and making it difficult to run reports in parallel. Running the reports synchronously is not an option.

Please can you try set the environment up asap…

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your patience. I have tested the scenario at (Windows 7 / SQL Server 2008 R2) with same cache stetting and have not faced the shared exception. The only exception I have faced is “The request failed with HTTP status 503: Server Error.” This exception has thrown when I executed the program third time (with parallel 1000 calls to SSRS).

I will do some more tests and update you about my findings.

Hi Tahir,

Is there another update on this ?

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your patience. I have tested the scenario at (Windows 7 / SQL Server 2008 R2) and have not faced the shared issue. I have tested the scenario with following steps mentioned below. Please let me know if I am missing any thing according to your scenario.

1. I am using the attached code to export report.
  2. I have added the reference of ReportingService2005 and ReportExecutionService by using steps mentioned here:
    https://docs.aspose.com/words/reportingservices/rendering-reports-programmatically/
  3. I am using the attached app.config

Could you please test the attached code by following steps mentioned at above documentation link and share your finding with us?

Hi,

I still need to get to this. Please keep this thread open.

Hi Neil,

This thread is open. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi Tahir,

I have been seeing this more often. I am seeing HTTP status 503: Server Error.

Unfortunately your app I could not get to work… Maybe this can help - there is definitely an issue… as soon as I change it to render a standard SSRS format it all works…

I did however find this on the net:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic154836-149-1.aspx#bm155529

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your patience. I have tested the scenario at (Windows 7 / SQL Server 2008 R2) with same cache stetting and have not faced the shared exception. The only exception I have faced is “The request failed with HTTP status 503: Server Error.” This exception has thrown when I executed the program third time (with parallel 1000 calls to SSRS).

I will do some more tests and update you about my findings.

[/quote]

Hi Neil,

Thanks for this inquiry. I have logged a new Task in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-158 to investigate the shared issue. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-159. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-159) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.