Error working with XLSM file using Aspose.Cells 7.0.3

I cannot successfully manipulate an XLSM file using Aspose.Cells 7.0.3.

To test, I have stripped the code right down to opening as a workbook then saving and it does not succeed.
The output file is corrupted - various slicers, drawings and tables have been removed.
The input file is 347KB, the output file is 295KB.

The code is simply:
string tempSaveLocation = @“C:”;
new License().SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(tempSaveLocation + “Report.xlsm”);
workbook.Save(tempSaveLocation + “Reportout.xlsm”, SaveFormat.Xlsm);

the input and output files are attached.
Thanks!

NB: I have tested this XLSM file using the Excel.Interop (12) DLL - it works fine with it.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

I was able to reproduce this bug using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.3.2

We have logged this issue in our database. We will fix it and update you asap.

Hi,

Please try the fixed version: v7.0.3.3. We have fixed your issue now.

Amjad - thanks very much for this fix. It has solved our issue. Also thanks for your quick turn-around time.

Amjad - sorry, we have tested this further and it appears that there still is an issue with Pivot Table Connections in the XLSM.

Again tested with simply:
string tempSaveLocation = @“C:”;
new License().SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(tempSaveLocation + “Report.xlsm”);
workbook.Save(tempSaveLocation + “Reportout.xlsm”, SaveFormat.Xlsm);

The error this time relates to pivot table connections.
To reproduce:
1) Go to the ‘Bursts’ worksheet on the input form and right-click on the ‘Bronze Area’ slicer
2) then click on ‘Pivot Table Connections’, you will see there are 6 connections. 4 of these are associated with the ‘Bursts - PrintOut format’ sheet. These are used to pass the filters which are selected into the print out sheet.
3) Go to the ‘Bursts’ worksheet on the output form and right-click on the ‘Bronze Area’ slicer, then click on ‘Pivot Table Connections’. You will see that the 4 connections associated with the print out sheet are no longer associated. Trying to re-add these displays the error:
"One or more of the pivot tables chosen are created in a version of Excel earlier than Excel 2007 or in compatibility mode. Slicers can only be used with PivotTables created in Excel 2007 or a newer version of Excel."

There are differences in the file size between the input file (611KB) and the output file (580KB).

Thanks for your help

Apologies, I realised this would be more appropriate as a new post.

Post created here: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/347552/error-with-pivot-table-connections-in-an-xlsm-file-using-aspose.cells-7.0.3.3/showthread.aspx#347552

I was unable to delete this one.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the input and output files.

It looks like an issue as you have described. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40162. We will soon look into it.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.3.6

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40162) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.