Errors when using latest Aspose jar files

We recently renewed our Aspose licenses, and downloaded the latest Aspose jar files to update our existing versions.

While testing the new jar files in our DEV enviornment, we see the following errors in the log (note specific ‘font’ error for the PPTX file):

Cell name Cover Page.Effectivity Date
To check it going inside or not
Thu Jun 26 13:58:56 GMT 2014: File is copined into the Temporary Folder
Thu Jun 26 13:58:56 GMT 2014 : File Name :Diploma_0f193ca5-3e01-4ca4-bd50-db16111e67ee.pdf - File Type :pdf
Thu Jun 26 13:58:56 GMT 2014 : tempFilePath :/apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/
Command/apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/extensions/PS2PDF.sh
Thu Jun 26 13:58:56 GMT 2014 : Stamping the PDF
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014: File is copined into the Temporary Folder
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014 : File Name :M1033710_00.ps - File Type :ps
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014 : tempFilePath :/apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014 : PS to PDF
Error Messages in PS to PDF Conversion
After Running the Runtime command --
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014: File is copined into the Temporary Folder
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014 : File Name :Test3.xlsx - File Type :xlsx
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014 : tempFilePath :/apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/
Thu Jun 26 13:58:57 GMT 2014 : Converting Excel to PDF---
Thu Jun 26 13:58:58 GMT 2014: File is copined into the Temporary Folder
Thu Jun 26 13:58:58 GMT 2014 : File Name :Test1.docx - File Type :docx
Thu Jun 26 13:58:58 GMT 2014 : tempFilePath :/apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/
Thu Jun 26 13:58:58 GMT 2014 : Converting Doc to PDF---
Thu Jun 26 13:58:59 GMT 2014: File is copined into the Temporary Folder
Thu Jun 26 13:58:59 GMT 2014 : File Name :Test2.pptx - File Type :pptx
Thu Jun 26 13:58:59 GMT 2014 : tempFilePath :/apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/
Thu Jun 26 13:59:01 GMT 2014 : Exception at pptx to PDF -- com.aspose.slides.PptException: com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.mr: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot find the required font. Name:"Dialog.plain", Style:, IsExactStyle:false.
Thu Jun 26 13:59:01 GMT 2014 : Exception at pdf Stamp -- java.io.IOException: PDF header signature error.
Thu Jun 26 13:59:02 GMT 2014 : Attached the File -- /apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/Stamped_Diploma_0f193ca5-3e01-4ca4-bd50-db16111e67ee_pdf.pdf
Thu Jun 26 13:59:02 GMT 2014 : Attached the File -- /apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/Stamped_M1033710_00_ps.pdf
Thu Jun 26 13:59:03 GMT 2014 : Attached the File -- /apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/Stamped_Test3_xlsx.pdf
Thu Jun 26 13:59:03 GMT 2014 : Attached the File -- /apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/Stamped_Test1_docx.pdf
Thu Jun 26 13:59:03 GMT 2014 : Error at Stamped PDF Attachments -- null File not found.
Thu Jun 26 13:59:03 GMT 2014 : Error at getAttachments : com.oracle.agile.ge.ConversionException: Error at addStampedPDFAttachments : null File not found.
Thu Jun 26 13:59:03 GMT 2014 : Deleting the files in Temporary Directory--
Thu Jun 26 13:59:03 GMT 2014 : Error at execute -- com.oracle.agile.ge.ConversionException: Error at getAttachments : com.oracle.agile.ge.ConversionException

Hi Dale,

Can you please attach your sample PPTX file? Did you noticed this issue after upgrading to latest version and was same file converted successfully before upgrading to latest version?

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,

We are noticing the same issue in the both version of Aspose before/after upgrade.
Attached is the Sample PPTX file.
Dale /Myself are working on same issue.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.6.0 with following sample code on my end. I have not been able to observe the issue specified. For your kind reference the generated PDF is also attached.

PresentationEx Testpres=new PresentationEx(path+ “Test2.pptx”);
Testpres.save(path+“Test2.pptx.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

If there is still an issue then please try using Aspose.Slides for Java in a simple console application and verify the results. If the issue is still reproduced in console application then please share the Java details, operating system details and environment details with us. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We are getting PPTX error

Change Type :ENGRG Release
Cell name Cover Page.Effectivity Date
To check it going inside or not
Fri Jul 18 12:13:22 GMT 2014: File is copined into the Temporary Folder
Fri Jul 18 12:13:22 GMT 2014 : File Name :2064249-001_RevM.pptx - File Type :pptx
Fri Jul 18 12:13:22 GMT 2014 : tempFilePath :/apps/jeeapp/agile/9.3.3/integration/sdk/temp/
Fri Jul 18 12:13:22 GMT 2014 : ********beofre ppt lic---
Error at setting up Aspose License for PPT com.aspose.slides.AsposeLicenseException: Couldn't parse black list. Please report this error to Aspose.
Fri Jul 18 12:13:23 GMT 2014 : ********after ppt lic---
Fri Jul 18 12:13:23 GMT 2014 : beofre Converting PPTX to PDF---
Fri Jul 18 12:13:23 GMT 2014 : Deleting the files in Temporary Directory--
v

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

I have observed the output shared by you. The output describes that you are having issue in loading the license of Aspose.Slides.

Fri Jul 18 12:13:22 GMT 2014 : ********beofre ppt lic—
Error at setting up Aspose License for PPT com.aspose.slides.AsposeLicenseException: Couldn’t parse black list. Please report this error to Aspose.
Fri Jul 18 12:13:23 GMT 2014 : ********after ppt lic—
Fri Jul 18 12:13:23 GMT 2014 : beofre Converting PPTX to PDF—

As suggested earlier, can you please try using the sample code on your end and conversion in a console based application. Also, we have released Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0 as well. I suggest you to please try using the new API in a simple console based application first. If there is no issue in console based application but occurring in your application then it might be possible that your application is unable to access the Aspose.Slides jar file. If the issue is still reproduced in console
application then please share the Java details, operating system
details and environment details with us. I will investigate the issue
further on my end to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

On Standalone Code, PPT & PPTX both are working fine and it is getting converted to PDF and stamped aswell. however when we check the same code and place in appliction ppt is working but facing the above issue mentioned just for pptx. As the same code is working in standalone it is difficult for us to narrow down the issue

Regards,
Sachin

Hi,

ppt & pptx both are working fine in standalone code in eclipse. In application it is breaking only for pptx file. Since aspose.slides 8.6.0 is working in standalone we havent tried 14.4.0 which as per developer uses different method .

can you suggest us
we have recompiled our code with latest aspose slides aswell

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

I suggest you to please switch to our latest Aspose.Slides for Java 14.x.x series API which provide single namespace for both PPT and PPTX presentation formats. The legacy Aspose.Slides for Java 8.x.x series API will be discontinued two month from now. The legacy API versions are only going to be maintained for a period of one quarter so that our clients may switch from legacy to new API. Please make your tests as per Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0 api. If there is still an issue then it means that there is no issue with API but issue on application end which is probably not able to reference the API properly and causing issue. If the issue is reproduced then please share the sample application of actual environment with us along with all environment details so that we may investigate the issue further on our end.

Many Thanks,

Hi ,

My current java version is jdk1.7.0_09.
Could you please let me know which Aspose.Slides jars we need to use for my current java version.?

1. And please let me know the licence file which one we need to use for current java version( jdk1.7.0_09**).**

2. Again i observed different jar files which jar file we need to use for jdk1.7.0_09

aspose.slides-14.4.0-jdk14.jar
aspose.slides-14.4.0.jar
aspose.slides-8.6.0-jdk14.jar
aspose.slides-8.6.0.jar

Thanks,
Krishna

Hi Krishna,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0 on your end. This is latest merged API release and for JDK 1.7 you need to use aspose.slides-14.4.0.jar.

FYI: aspose.slides-14.4.0.jar is for JDK 1.6 and higher versions. The aspose.slides-14.4.0-jdk14.jar is suitable for JDK 1.4 and 1.5. The same principle applies to Aspose.Slides for Java 8.6.0 as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi ,

Could you plese provide the sample code for PPTx and PPT to PDF conversion for aspose.slides-14.4.0.jar

Thanks,
Krishna

1. Could you plese provide the sample code for PPTx and PPT to PDF conversion for aspose.slides-14.4.0.jar

2. And how to laod the licence for PPT and PPTx.for PPt and PPTx

we are using this code.

// coverting PPTx to PDF
public void pptxToPDF(String pptFilePath, String pdfFilePath, String logFileName, String licenseLocation) {
    try {
        System.out.println("Before Initialising the presenation ex");
        Utilities.writeLog(logFileName, "Before Initialising the presenation ex -- " + pptFilePath);

// PresentationEx pptx = new PresentationEx(pptFilePath);
        Presentation pptx = new Presentation(pptFilePath);
        Utilities.writeLog(logFileName, "After Initialising the presenation ex -- " + pptFilePath);
        System.out.println("after Initialising the presenation ex");

// pptx.save(pdfFilePath, SaveFormat.PDF);
        pptx.save(pdfFilePath, SaveFormat.Pdf);
        Utilities.writeLog(logFileName, "After Save");
        System.out.println("After Save");
    } catch (PptException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
        System.out.println("exception new" + e);
        Utilities.writeLog(logFileName, new Date() + " : Exception at pptx to PDF -- " + e);
    } catch (Exception e) {
        System.out.println("exception exception new" + e);
        e.printStackTrace();
        Utilities.writeLog(logFileName, new Date() + " : Exception at pptx to PDF -- " + e);
    }

// Load the licence
    public synchronized void set_PPTLicense (String licenseLocation, String logFileName)
    {
        try {
            if (licenseLocation != null) {
                com.aspose.slides.License license = new com.aspose.slides.License();
                license.setLicense(new FileInputStream(licenseLocation));

com.aspose.metafiles.License metLicense = new com.aspose.metafiles.License();
                metLicense.setLicense(new FileInputStream(licenseLocation));
            }
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
            Utilities.writeLog(logFileName, "Error at setting up Aspose License for PPT " + e);
        }
    }

After using the new aspose.slides-14.4.0.jar we are getting below exception.

Error at setting up Aspose License for PPT class com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pbdb106a0.cu: Couldn't parse black list. Please report this error to Aspose. ---> java.lan
g.NullPointerException
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
com.aspose.slides.p883e881b.ap.this(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.p883e881b.ap.for(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.p883e881b.ap.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)
com.oracle.agile.ge.PPTFormat.set_PPTLicense(PPTFormat.java:27)
com.oracle.agile.ge.FileConversion.getAttachments(FileConversion.java:448)

Hi Krishna,

I have observed the sample code shared by you and it seems alright. The possible issue is that your application is unable to access the Aspose.Slides for Java jar file. Can you please try using a simple console application on your end and perform the same test. I am hopeful it will be a successful. If there is still an issue then please share the actual sample application project with which you are able to reproduce the issue instead of sample code. Please also share the operating system and environment details as well with us where by you are using Aspose.Slides for Java on your end.

Many Thanks,

Hi

If we use aspose.slides-14.4.0 both PPT and PPTx is not working

if we use aspose.slides-8.6.0.jar PPT is working and PPTx is not working.

The Aspose.Slides jar file is there in the classpath.Other wise PPT also not work in in the case of using aspose.slides-8.6.0.jar.

Both the jars giving same error. Not able to initialise the presenation or presenationEx class.

My environment detials : jdk, 1.7.0 OS: redhat linux 5.5
So is there any specific jars we need to downlaod to support the above environment.pls give me the link or shared the aspose.slides jars.

when we try to set the licence that time we are getting the erros. for redhat linux is there any specific instructions?

psl find the attached licence.

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please
provide us with a actual sample application along with all necessary
jar files with which you are reproducing the issue on your end. I will
add a ticket for investigation and resolution for your convenience in
our issue tracking system. Please provide us with all necessary
requested details shared in my earlier post.

Also, I like to add further that previously our customers have reported similar issues when they tried to use Aspose.Slides in OSGI bundles or some JPF plugins. There were issues concerning to threads. Please also visit this thread link for your kind reference as well as it may help solving issue on your end. If the issue is still reproduced then please provide the requested sample application so that we may investigate it on our end.

Many Thanks,