Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ETA on support of embedded video

Aspose:

I have noted in a number of posts that the Aspose Slides component does not support embedded video yet. I have recently been asked about that support so I was wondering if this feature was on the product roadmap and if so, where there was any type of timeline associated with it.

We are using both the Java and .NET version of the control, so I would be interested in the timeline for both.

Thanks,

Tom Murphy

Hi Tom,

I regret to share that I have verified from our issue tracking system and feel sorry to share that there has been no development so far on this new feature request issue. Actually, at the moment we are working on providing support for SmartArt and improved chart rendering. An issue with ID 19163 has been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue.

However, the issue has been assigned and we are hopeful to provide the mentioned feature in Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.4.0, which will be due in September. But, I am unable to make any defined promises for the feature at the moment.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir:

Thanks for your feedback. I will continue to monitor the progress of this item and am looking forward to adding this additional functionality to our platform.

I know Aspose recently did significant work to more tightly couple the Java and .NET versions of a number of their components. It is good to hear that you will hopefully be able to provide video in .NET 5.4.0 next month. Can I assume that the Java component would support this as well in the same timeframe or would the Java support be on a different timeline?

We currently utilize both your Java and .NET components and it is important in our platform that we support the same functionality in both.

Thanks for your additional information.

Tom Murphy

CTO, Alinean, Inc.

Hi Tom Murphy,

I have created a separate issue with ID 29460 in our issue tracking system as a new feature request for providing embedded video support in Aspose.Slides for Java as well. We will share the information with you once there are any further updates shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regard,