Evaluate fields using java

Hi,

Is it possible to

1. identify fields in paragraph or table cell nodes and
  2. evaluate those

for.e.g., {IF 1=1 “TRUE” “FALSE”*MERGEFORMAT} should evaluate to “TRUE”.

Could you please provide some examples?

Thanks.

@vgm

Thanks for your inquiry.

You can use Node.Range.Fields property to get the Fields collection that represents all fields in the range.

Please use FieldIf.EvaluateCondition method to evaluate the condition.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks. I did try accessing getFields on a node’s range. It appears that only formfields are supported.

e.g., here’s what I tried doc.getSections.get(0).getRange().getFields(), the getFields() method is not available.

Could you please let me know which version of aspose.words for java has this support?

Thanks.

@vgm

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks. Attached is the document with a sample if field.

Could you please let me know the version of Apose.words for java that has the support to evaluate such fields?
Sample FieldIf.zip (11.9 KB)

@vgm

Thanks for sharing the document. Please use the following code example to achieve your requirement.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Sample FieldIf.docx");

for(Field field : doc.getSections().get(0).getRange().getFields())
{
    if(field.getType() == FieldType.FIELD_IF)
    {
        System.out.println(((FieldIf)field).evaluateCondition() == FieldIfComparisonResult.TRUE);
    }
}

Hi Tahir,

Thanks. I’ve tried this code. It looks like getFields() and evaluateCondition() are not supported.
Could you please provide details on the version of Aspose words(java) where these were introduced?

@vgm

Thanks for your inquiry. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 18.11.

Thanks Tahir.

@vgm

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.