Evaluation Copyright Warning When Downloading

Our company has had licensing for Aspose Cells f/,NET OEN for several years. In the past week, our business users have been receiving an “Evaluation Copyright Warning” error when downloading from our application to Excel. This is not a error we have seen before. Our license is valid through 12/21/19.

Please advise what needs to be done to remove this warning.

Thank you
Tameka Stanley
tameka.w.stanley@lsccom.com

@tamekaws,

Please send your license in a private message and we will update you after investigating it on our end. You can click on my name and find “Message” Button, in order to send a private message.

Ahsan,
I clicked on your name but I do not see the message button. Please help with locating so that I can send our license to you.
Thanks
Tameka

@tamekaws
You may please login to the forum and click my name or pink icon “A”. You may see the view as shown in the attached image.Press the message button and send us the license. If you do not see this view please share image for our analysis.
Message.png (53.8 KB)

Ahsan,
I do not see the message option. Attached is what I see when I click your name.
Thanks
Capture.PNG (39.7 KB)

@tamekaws,

It looks like you don’t have sufficient rights to post a private message (with attachment). Anyways, in the mean time, could you reproduce your issue in a simple (separate) application. Please create a simple console (application), zip the project and post us here to show the issue. Please do not include your license file into the zipped project as we will use any other valid license (by placing it as per the SetLicense() method path) to test the scenario/ case on our end. Moreover, I think the issue might be on your side, I suspect the licensing code is not processed at all, so you should debug on the module of licensing code in your project (e.g place break points on the lines of code) if the lines are processing or not. For your information, the licensing code should be processed first and evaluated at least one time in the whole application life cycle. Furthermore, if your license was not valid or already expired but your licensing code was processed, then you will get a warning message/exception to denote that your license was expired to use the Aspose.Cells version.

Hi Ahsan,
We were evaluating the latest copy of aspose.cells with evaluation copy, and our existing version (5.1.2.0) for development and production is now displaying EVALUATION COPYRIGHT WARNING worksheet message, which we are shocked to see. We’re referencing the aspose.cells.dll file version 5.1.2.0.

I’ve included content from our license file for reference.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> System Concepts, Inc. Developer OEM Subscription Limited to 1 developer. 100929095521 This is a redistributable license Aspose.Cells for .NET Enterprise 2ade595a-e999-4417-94ea-dfacfa8b4370 20110929 2.2 Itat/MmXYZ9F9jHi4Q+N93Ubf0qhJ0AdianJ3J/Fo4asCTHkNr1R6VyMp+neAWz3g2a0gZan86t6NjwbLrjW4UQRthTWzLaqm2IiyQWyPAUBiIPVtCsKkcm0llxV6rK9j0sGzsvydFdmvHJVx3rcww8nHYBEnMKGpU8Koz1KFdo=

Richard Hoover
richardh@foodtrak.com

@rhoover86,

Are you using a new license file with an older version of Aspose.Cells for .NET (5.1.2.0)? Please note that newer licenses are signed with SHA256, but older ones were signed with SHA1. You cannot use a SHA256 license with older versions of the API. You may use your older license to work with the older version of Aspose.Cells for .NET and use the new license to work with newer versions. This will always work. Alternatively, you may request an updated (new) license in the Aspose.Purchase section that should be signed with SHA1 and will work for you with both older and newer versions of the API.

Please let us know if this is not the case (as mentioned in the above paragraph). If so, please elaborate on your issue and provide more details on your scenario/case. We will then understand and assist you accordingly.

Hi Amjad,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I’m not sure where to begin.

I started working here as a developer 3 years ago.

It appears the only aspose.cells version the company has ever had, is the version 5.1.2.0 and the corresponding license file “aspose.cells.lic” file content provided, which was stored in an archive of purchased software.

The development machine and production web site appear to only contain the 5.1.2.0 version of the aspose.cells.dll and have never (to my knowledge) ever displayed the EVALUATION COPYRIGHT WARNING message until we began working with different evaluation copies of aspose.cells.dll version 24.2.

We’ve only used Windows’ regasm to unregister and register aspose.cells.dll for .NET 2.0, 4.0, and 7.0.

Unsuccessful attempts at running regasm command for both .NET 4.0 and 7.0.

And our existing web site application unable to reference the newer versions of aspose.cells.dll as the application not targeted for the newer .NET framework (4.0 or 7.0).

Bottom line:

• Aspose.cells.dll 5.1.2.0 has been restored and re-registered on our 1 development VM workstation and 1 pre-production server for testing. Both systems had received replacement copies of the newer aspose.cells.dll file only (from the evaluation copy of 24.2 installed on my physical laptop). 3 systems total.
  • Our application does provide and reference the redistributable aspose.cells license / file as plain text within this application file FTIntXLc.bin
  • My physical laptop had the evaluation copy of aspose.cells 24.2 installed. Only copies of different .NET aspose.cells.dll files were then replaced on our development VM and our pre-production server during test evaluation of version 24.2. Both these application systems (the development VM and our pre-production server) are displaying the EVALUATION COPYRIGHT WARNING message, which didn’t happen previously with 5.1.2.0.
  • The web application component that is referencing aspose.cells.dll is written in Visual Basic 6. I see no Project Reference to the aspose.cells.dll file. This is the VB6 source code to create an object that references the component:
    Set oWb = CreateObject(“Aspose.Cells.Workbook”)

Our current version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.1.2.0

Current aspose.cells.lic file:

Order/File Date 09/30/2010

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

System Concepts, Inc.

Developer OEM Subscription

Limited to 1 developer.

This is a redistributable license

Aspose.Cells for .NET

Enterprise

2ade595a-e999-4417-94ea-dfacfa8b4370

Itat/MmXYZ9F9jHi4Q+N93Ubf0qhJ0AdianJ3J/Fo4asCTHkNr1R6VyMp+neAWz3g2a0gZan86t6NjwbLrjW4UQRthTWzLaqm2IiyQWyPAUBiIPVtCsKkcm0llxV6rK9j0sGzsvydFdmvHJVx3rcww8nHYBEnMKGpU8Koz1KFdo=

image001.png (1.79 KB)

image002.png (2.12 KB)

Hi Amjad,

Taking you’re previous advise, I’ve checked our new test module.

Perhaps the issue is our new test module not referencing our aspose.cells 5.1.2.0 license file FTIntXLc.bin

Testing that theory now.

image001.png (1.79 KB)

image002.png (2.12 KB)

@rhoover86
Thank you for your feedback. You can test your application scenario in detail. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.