Evaluation for Purchase

In a previous posting Laurence Chen stated "Asp.Cells is a spreadsheet creation engine without using Excel." Can the user create Excel spreadsheets on the client locally and then successfully upload them to the web server instead of using Asp.Cells to save them to the web server? Would I have to write custom code to do this? If I am not using the Asp.Cells spreadsheet entry feature, what advantages would this product's API provide?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well Aspose.Cells is a non GUI spreadsheet management component equally useful for both desktop or web environment and it does not require MS Excel to be installed on your system to work with it. But you do need MS excel or any Workbook viewer software to see your spreadsheet files. It is a server side component, you can create and write excel spreadsheet files from server to the client machine as a Response to the client.

For complete list of our Product Features, Please see:

Product Overview

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us.

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Can the user create Excel spreadsheets on the client locally and then successfully upload them to the web server instead of using Asp.Cells to save them to the web server?

Yes, you can create a client application to create Excel files with Aspose.Cells and use your own code to upload generated files to web server without Aspose.Cells.

Would I have to write custom code to do this?

Yes. Please check .NET Framework SDK Samples and Quickstart Tutorials for sample code to upload files.

If I am not using the Asp.Cells spreadsheet entry feature, what advantages would this product's API provide?

Aspose.Cells is the most featured spreadsheet component on the market. It provides:

1. A lot of features on reading, writing and manipulating Excel files.

2. Easy of use.

3. Excellent performance and stability.

4. Very good compatibility with different kinds of Excel files.