Evaluation message appears in Aspose.Imaging after validating license

I am facing two problems.

I have Aspose.Imaging for Java v3.5 license. And I know that it is available until v17.4 because it is free upgrade for one year.

Problem 1)
From version v16.12, the “Evaluation only. …” message is displayed in the file saved with “Image.save()”. But it was not displayed until v16.10.
In addition, when I used to “metafile.playMetafile()”, the evaluation message is not displayed until v17.4.
Of course, isLicense() method always returns true in v16.12 too.

MetafileImage metafileImage = (MetafileImage)MetafileImage.load()
metafileImage.playMetafile(g, trans); // no message
ByteArrayOutputStream bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream ();
metafileImage.save(bos, new PngOptions ()); // displayed evaluation message

Problem 2)
I am trying to convert an EMF file to a PNG file, as in problem 1. But it is too slow (about 9 seconds).
Please let me know a way to speed up the conversion.

@cbshin,

I have observed your issues and like to share that in order to validate the correctness of license, you simply need to verify the license expiry date in your license file with that of release date of product version you are using on your end. If the product is release after the license expiry date then you will get evaluation watermark.

For your second issues related to conversion speed from EMF to PNG, I suggest you to please first try using latest Aspose.Imaging 18.9 on your end. If there is still issue then please share the source file, used sample code, Operating system and Java details on your end. We will be able to investigate the issue further on our end on provision of requested information.

Thank you for your kind answer. I’m so thankful.

I’m confident that the first issue isn’t from license.
Until v16.10, images are saved normally,
From v16.10 to v17.4, images are saved with watermark,
From v17.6, images are saved with watermark, too. But also the following error occurs when calling setLicense().

class com.aspose.imaging.coreexceptions.FrameworkException: The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 22 May 2017, but this version of the product was released on 28 Jun 2017. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.
com.aspose.imaging.License$a.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)

Regarding the second issue, As advised, I have measured the time of conversion EMF to PNG with all the release modules, including the latest v18.9.
I’m used same code, only different jar file. Thus the following results were obtained.

v16.10 - 8.01s
v17.9 - 1.87s
v18.9 - 4.23s

When I tested, the conversion time was the shortest in v17.9, but it was still not fast enough (it should be at least two times faster than v17.9).
I am attaching the sample code and EMF file that I have tested, so I would appreciate if you could review the possibility of speeding up the conversion.
For reference, I set the JRE version to 1.8.0.111, the OS to Windows10, and the Xmx option value to 1024m.
sample.zip (1.9 KB)

@cbshin,

I have worked with source code and sample file shared by you. I like to share that using Aspose.Imaging 18.9, This whole conversion took 1.1 minute and while using 17.9 it took 50 seconds to complete the conversion. For license issue can you please share your license file as my colleague already informed you about this but for further investigation i need your license file. Also please share complete environment details with us so that we may help you out.

@Adnan.Ahmad

Thank you for your reply.

Have I misused the options related to conversion performance in my source code?
Is it possible that the next version will include improvement of conversion performance?

I’m so sorry. the watermark issue seems to have been a timing problem when applying licenses.
When I added “synchronized” to the function to call setLicense, the problem disappeared.

And my environment is all that I’ve already written about. But if you ask to me about what information do you need, I will share with you.

Thank you very much again for your interest and help.

@cbshin,

I have observed the detailed information shared by you and an a ticket with ID IMAGINGJAVA-1123 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate this issue. This thread has been associated with the issue so that we may share notification with you once issue will be fixed.

@Adnan.Ahmad

Thank you very much. I’m still testing various options to improve the conversion from EMF to PNG. I will wait for your notification everyday.

@cbshin,

We will share updates with you as soon as they I’ll be available.

@mudassir.fayyaz @Adnan.Ahmad

How are you?

The ticket with ID IMAGINGJAVA-1123 is relevant to “EMF to PNG” conversion performance issue, isn’t it?

Are you doing a patch to speed up the conversion from EMF to PNG?

At first, I wrote down two questions but the EMF to PNG conversion performance issue is a more urgent issue.

Should I post a new question only about EMF to PNG conversion performance issue? If yes, I will do it.

I am eagerly awaiting conversion performance improvements, and will be purchasing a library product if conversion performance improves in the latest version.

If you have any updates, please share them to me.

Thank you for your help.

@cbshin,

I like to share that the issue IMAGINGJAVA-1123 is concerning to performance related observations while converting EMF to PNG. This issue is at present pending for investigation in issues queue. Also, based on your following comments, can you please elaborate that which second issue you are referring to here.

@mudassir.fayyaz

I’m sorry. My writing seems to make confuse you.
The only remaining issue is the PNG conversion performance issue. Please focus on solving this issue.
Thank you for your reply.

@cbshin,

The issue for EMF to PNG performance issue is logged in our issue tracking system and we will share the updates with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.