Evaluation message appears in Aspose.Words.Document.Range.Text after validating license

Using Aspose.Words 14.9.0.0 I am find this text in an Aspose.Words.Document instantiated from an existing file after setting and validating my license.

Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright 2003-2014 Aspose Pty Ltd.

I am setting my license, checking if it is valid, then instantiating the Document.

Dim WordsLic As Aspose.Slides.License = New Aspose.Slides.License
WordsLic.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic")
Dim doc1 As New Aspose.Words.Document()
If Not WordsLic.IsLicensed() Then
Throw New Exception("Aspose.Words license invalid")
End If
doc1 = New Aspose.Words.Document("C:\temp\MSWordCreated.docx")
Dim rangetext As String = doc1.Range.Text.ToString()

The Range.Text is empty when the Document object is newly instantiated without any parameters but the “evaluation” message appears once the object is instantiated from an existing file.

I understand that I could manually set the range text to some other value to get rid of this unwanted message. My concern is knowing what other properties I have not specifically noticed may also contain some “evaluation” message even after I have properly set my license. I only stumbled on this value in the Document.Range by accident. I do not want evaluation messages appearing somewhere else in a document after I have legitimately licensed the product.

The documents I am opening were all created by MS Word 2010 so could not natively contain the Aspose message.

Please advise if there are other properties that may contain these messages. Also please consider fixing this so any “evaluation” text is cleared once a license has been properly applied.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your inquiry. The license file comes with an expiry date which determines whether you can free upgrade to a version of Aspose.Words that is published before or on that expiry date. Aspose.Words for .NET 14.9.0 was released on 17th Oct, 2014. In case you find the expiry date has passed and you want to use the latest version of Aspose.Words, then you need to renew your subscription. For renewing/upgrading a subscription, please contact our sales team via Aspose.Purchase forum. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

PS: You can check the expiration date of your license by opening the license file in notepad. There, you will see the following tag:
xxxxxxxx

As you will note from the code I originally posted, I am validating my license before instantiating the Aspose.Words.Document object and accessing the Range.Text. My license is not expired and the code returns IsLicensed() = “True”. Yet I still find the “Evaluation…” message contained within the Document object properties.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the detail. In your code, you are setting the license for Aspose.Slides. Please change following line of code

Dim WordsLic As Aspose.Slides.License = New Aspose.Slides.License

to

Dim WordsLic As Aspose.Words.License = New Aspose.Words.License

This will fix the issue which you are facing. Please let us know if you have any more queries.