Evaluation message coming in Licensed Versions

We are using Aspose Cells and Words licenses in our project. There is one functionality where we are creating charts using aspose.cells and rendering the image in a word document. This chart image is showing the message of Evaluation Only.

Did our licenses expire, do we need to get new/latest versions of license files? Please confirm. I have checked in the license file and found out the following entries which might be useful to you.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

As your subscription expiry date mentioned here:
"20120818"

So, your license was expired on August 18, 2012 (if it is for Aspose.Cells). You have two options here:
1) Use any version of Aspose.Cells if you have with you (already) which should have been released before your expiry date.

2) Upgrade or renew your subscription to use latest versions of the product. Please contact our sales representative in Aspose.Purchase forum.

Also, we cannot provide any version of the product here which is older than one year.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We are using new licenses now. Here are some details about them.

Enterprise
834e54dc-9ad3-48ed-97a4-42027f209039

Also, we downloaded the latest DLLs from website. As we are using 3.5 dot net framework, we are using DLLs from net2.0 folder. After that almost everything is working fine. The evaluation message is not coming in the word document now, but it is still there inside the chart.

Actually we are creating charts in our dot net code and then converting those charts to images and then inserting those images on the word doc by using _builder.InsertImage function. But we still see the evaluation message inside those chart images. I am attaching those chart images.

Please help us asap and let us know if we are missing something.
Thanks in advance…!!

Hi,

We are sorry for your issue.

Well, it is strange. Could you simply convert the chart to image using Aspose.Cells APIs without involving Aspose.Words APIs and check if the output image has evaluation watermark, it should not be there if you are using the latest license and setting the license before using any other Aspose.Cells APIs. If you still find the issue, kindly create a sample console application (with Aspose.Cells APIs only), zip it and post it here to show the issue on our end, we will check your issue soon. Please do not attach your license file in the zipped archive of the application.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I think I have got the issue but need your help.
Actually for converting chart.ToImage(), we are using Aspose.Cells only, I mean when you hover over that piece of code, it shows Aspose.Cells only. But there are other piece of code in our application where Aspose.Words is used.

Now when I checked Global.asax in the application, I found following piece of code.
License asposeLicense = null;
protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
asposeLicense = new License();

string licenseFile = Server.MapPath("~/Aspose.Words.lic");
if (System.IO.File.Exists(licenseFile))
{
asposeLicense.SetLicense(licenseFile);
}

}

So here, we are setting only Aspose.Words here. Can we set Aspose.Cells also alongwith? I tried and got an error The license is not valid for this product.

Please suggest me the solution. We have use of both the licenses in our application.

Hi,

It looks that you are using Aspose.Words.lic file with Aspose.Cells component. For your information, either you should have Aspose.Total.lic or a separate Aspose.Cells.lic file that you should use and set with Aspose.Cells APIs. You may even add the licensing codes along with Aspose.Words in the Global.asax file. Also, make sure that you should use fully qualified naming when creating License objects separately when using Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells, the reason is simple both products have License class, so it is better way to do this.

Hope, you understand now.

Thank you.

Yes Amjad,
I understand it. We have both the license files so I will try to set them both separately in the Global.asax with qualified naming conventions.

Will get back to you in case we have any issues.

Thanks

Thanks a lot Amjad.
It worked…!!

Hi,

Good to know that you have sorted out your issue now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be glad to assist you soon.

Thank you.