Evaluation version limits

My name is Kevin Cain and I am a developer with Harris Computer Systems. We are currently evaluating your Cells product for use in our financial management software. I've developed a prototype to demonstrate how your product will work with our software. I am scheduled to show this prototype to my upper management team tomorrow. But my evaluation copy of Aspose Cells just reached it's limit on the number of files so my demo no longer functions. Is there any way that I can get around this limitation so that I can demonstrate my prototype tomorrow?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, Evaluation Version works without any limitation except it adds extra sheet with evaluation warning. So, I do not understand when you say, it has reached its limitation.

Please clarify.

If you need Licensed Version for evaluation, then you can request for a Temporary License, for this please contact Aspose.Purchase

My prototype locks up and the following message gets written to my event log:

You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exceeding limitation.

Hi,

I think, you should explicitly close the handles of streams. Therefore use FileStream as shown in this code. Also see the comments. Further, see this thread, resetting the IIS Server will also fix the problem.

“You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exceeding limitation” - error

C#

FileStream inFile=new FileStream(@“F:\Downloads\text.xls”, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.ReadWrite);

Workbook book=new Workbook(inFile);

//Once loaded explicitly close

inFile.Close();

//Do some work on it

Cell cell=book.Worksheets[0].Cells[“A1”];

cell.PutValue(“Hello World”);

FileStream outFile = new FileStream(@“F:\Downloads\text.out.xls”, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write);

book.Save(outFile, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

//Explicitly close

outFile.Close();

My prototype does not use file streams, so I have nothing to close. It passes a file name into the Save method.

I tried restarting ISS and I still receive the same error.

I appreciate your help, but I don't understand the point of your suggestions. Doesn't the evaluation version of aspose cells have a limit on the number of times that a file can be saved? I suspect that I reached that limit during the development of my prototype. I'm just looking for a way to extend that limit so that I can demo my prototype tomorrow.

Hi,

What I am saying is, don’t use the Save method with filename but use Save method with FileStream and explicitly close the handle.

Hi,

Yes, you are right. there is a limitation working in evaluation mode (without using the license), you can open/save up to specific number of files only. See the document for your reference:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Licensing

There is no way to extend the limit. I think you may ask us to get a free 30-Days temporary license, please follow up:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx

and set the license as explained in the licensing document, now you may use our product with full capacity.

Thank you.

That is waht I needed to know. Thanks for your help.