We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Evaluation water mark is not moving away even after applying license in live production

Hello Support,
We’re getting an issue in applying licence. It works fine in the development production no red water mark in the output tiff.But water mark is not going away when we use same licence in the live production.So my question is that do we need to buy another licence for live production?.
Please help.



Thanks for the details.

Well, please make sure that your licensing code should run at least one time in the whole life cycle of your application, it looks like your licensing code does not process at all on live server. You may place the licensing code at a place where it should be processed first and fine before using any other Aspose APIs. Also, please note, when using more than one Aspose APIs in code, you have to implement (initialize and set) license (each API has License class) for each API separately. So, you should check whether you have initialized license for relevant product(s) that you are using for conversion(s).

Moreover, you may also check your subscription type with sales team (please contact our sales team by posting your query in Aspose.Purchase forum) to know if your current license covers your scenario.

Hello. I am running into something similar.

I have the Apose.PDF and Aspose.Words for ,Net which I installed in VS2017 from NuGet packages.

These have been working great for evaluation, but we are in the process of trying to use more functionality so I got a 30-license to make sure it meets our need.

For testing I added the license file as part of the project and then set build to Embed Resource.

I then make these calls before any API

Aspose.Pdf.License license = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
Aspose.Words.License license2 = new Aspose.Words.License();
license.Embedded = true;

When I do a Word to PDF conversion, I am still seeing the Aspose Watermark and evaluation stamp.

I have also tried reading in the license as a Filestream, and it still does not seem to work.

We are looking at a Total license which was was what I received, so unsure if my Set needs to be different. Thank you


Thanks for contacting support.

The code snippet you shared for setting license seems fine and should work as expected. However, please make sure following things as well while working with Aspose APIs:

  • If you are developing an ASP.NET application, you can call License.SetLicense from the Global.asax.cs (Global.asax.vb) file, in the Application_Start protected method. It is called once when the application starts. Do not call License.SetLicense from within Page_Load methods since it means the license will be loaded every time a web page is loaded.
  • If you are developing a Windows Forms or console application, call License.SetLicense in your startup code, before using Aspose.PDF/Words for .NET classes.
  • If you are developing a class library, you can call License.SetLicense from a static constructor of your class that uses Aspose.PDF/Words for .NET. The static constructor will execute before an instance of your class is created making sure Aspose.PDF/Words for .NET license is properly set.
  • In case of WCF service, depending upon its hosting:
    • if it is custom ServiceHost - then you can set license in service host start event
    • if it is IIS - then set license can be called in Global.asax

Along with above details, please also double check the points highlighted by @Amjad_Sahi in previous message. In case you still face any issue, please share your license file with us in a private message along with some input/output sample files. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly. You may send a private message by clicking over username and press Message button in popup.