Evaluation watermark *comes and goes* on with license embedded in project!

Hi,
Yesterday I purchased aspose.words. I updated my project and embedded the license in the project. Voila… The evaluation watermark is gone from my test word documents. Well almost all of them. I just ran a test on a Word document and got:
Evaluation only, garbage text in the document is part of the evaluation watermark. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright 2003-2006 Aspose Pty Ltd.
I don’t get it on all of the documents just every once in a while. Any thoughts?
Regards,
Neil

N E I L G O R I N, D. D. S.
Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics

Please verify that the license setting actually occur when your code is executing. To do this, put a breakpoint on License.SetLicense instruction and run your application in debug mode. The best way of ensuring that SetLicense instruction will be executed in your project before any other action is putting it in the main form constructor for WinForms application or in the application startup handler in Global.asax file for Web application.
Also, make sure you are not using already “watermarked” files as templates.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I only embedded the license file in the project. I never actually set the license via the license class. I read the Aspose.Words documentation on the subject.
But when I added :

License license = new License(); 

the compiler errored me about ambiguous classes. That is because I had a directive for System.ComponentModel that has a License class.
I found that the only way around it was to set up the Aspose license in the following way:

Aspose.Words.License olicense = new Aspose.Words.License();
olicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.lic");

Maybe someone else will beneift from my experience.
Regards,
Neil

Glad you have found it on your own. Don’t hesitate to ask questions if you need further assistance.