EWS message URI

Hi,

Whether it is possible to use the received message URI outside API as the reference to the e-mail message? For ex., in the Outlook Web App?

@borisk1503,

I have tried understanding your requirements and have not been able to completely understand them. Can you please share the details of requirements so that we may proceed further to help you.

Hi,

OK, first of all thanks for your fast response. I’ll try to explain more clearly our requirements.
We process emails as part of customer interaction types (together with direct voice calls, callbacks, voice mails etc) in our call center management system. For this purpose we have a Windows service which reads customer emails from the Exchange Server using Microsoft EWS Managed API, saves these email messages as *.eml files in the network storage and records their details including file paths

in the database. Then call center agents receive email details from the call center queues and open email messages using file paths. By this way our system works for years.

But recently one of our customers has asked whether is possible to save in the database direct links to email messages in Exchange Server and then use them for opening emails by agents.
I didn’t find this option in the currently used API. But I searched out that with Aspose.Email EWS API is possible to get a message unique URI. I expected that it would be a kind of https link. But as a result of the test, I got a very long identifier.

And now my question: whether it is possible to use this message URI out of API for opening the email message or it is intended only for internal use?

@borisk1503,

I have observed your requirements. We regret to share that message unique URI cannot be used.
ExchangeMessageInfo.UniqueUri is not the same like ItemType.ItemId (Exchange server uri). It may contain extra information, it’s internal structure is not declared and may be changed in the future. Therefore, it is not advised to use this.