Exact placement and points per inch

I've written code to create sheets of labels. The code is working great except for one serious problem. If I set the height of a floating box to 72, for example, it does not come out 1 inch tall; it's actually coming out about 0.9125 inches. Are there not 72 points per inch? If not, what should I be using?

-David

I just made a discovery as to why this might be happening. I’ll update in a couple hours.

Okay, here's what was going on.

1. Aspose PDF was outputting a page that was 8.3 by 11.7 (don't know why) so I had to manually set the page dimensions to 8.5 by 11.
  2. Adobe Acrobat had two settings that needed to be modified in the Print dialog box:
    1. Page Scaling had to be set to none
    2. Auto-Rotate and Center had to be unchecked

Now it works perfectly with 72 points per inch.

Hi,

Thank you sharing your experience.

1. The default standard A4 size is 8.3 by 11.7. If you don't want the default size you can set the page size by yourself.

2. You need to modify the print setting because the auto page scaling will change the page size when printing. If you want the content be printed exactly the same size as you set, you need to set the page scaling to none.

forever:
The default standard A4 size is 8.3 by 11.7.

Thanks for explaining where the 8.3 by 11.7 came from. I was looking at it with my U.S.-centric view of the standard being 8.5 by 11. Now I understand. It's refreshing for something to default to a non-U.S. standard. :-)

Can the page scaling be set to none and auto-rotate and center be unchecked programatically, or do I have to notify my users to do that?

Hi,

If your customer print the document with Adobe Reader, I think it can't be set programatically.