Excel 2007 support and xslx

Hi
what are the intentions, if any, of supporting excel 2007 files and facilities? I can’t find anything on the web site

Tim Pigden

I am also interested in support of xlsm files as well (in the Cells for Java). In another one of our programs which doesn't use Aspose.Cells we ran into problems with macros in xls files in Excel 2007 and had to change to create xlsm files. It appears Microsoft for security reasons split macros into the new extension.

Steve

Hi Tim and Steve,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, we have already given higher priority for Excel 2007 support. We have been working on it for a certain interval of time. Related Aspose.Cells for Net it's almost done, hopefully in this month or at the start of next month, we can release the first version which will support to export data, style and formulas in Excel2007 xlsx format. In the later versions, importing xlsx and other advanced feature will also be supported.

Related Aspose.Cells for Java, it is also not far behind and will catching up too as all these features will be available soon.

Thank you.

Hi, just wanted to clarify, in the release that is coming we should be able to do which (if any or all) of the following?

Open and read xlsx.
Open and read xlsm.
Export xlsm to xlsx to open.

We have an outstanding support request for out application to allow our users to extract data from xlsm files, and I need to let them know a timeline.

Thank you

It is now 17-jan-2008 and still can’t open xlsx.

Hi Tim Pigden, tddaniels and RussellStitt,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Both Aspose.Cells for Java and .Net now support to read and write MS Excel 2007 .xlsx files. Please download the latest version of the product (19.2 for Java and 4.4 for .Net) @:

Thank you.

Hi Russell,

Are you using Aspose.Cells for .Net or Aspose.Cells for Java? Both support to open an xlsx file.