Excel Charts tiny when workbook saved as pdf

I am using Aspose.Cells v8.3.0.0 and recently upgraded to a new development machine. My old PC runs Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010, and my new PC runs Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2013. In my old development environment, an application that creates an Excel workbook using Aspose.Cells and saves it as a pdf has no problems. The exact same code, when run in my new development environment produces a pdf with tiny, unreadable Excel charts. I’ve attached the pdf’s created from the exact same code running on the two different machines/development environments. The command that is used to create the pdf is:

wb.Save(ms, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us sample PDF documents.

I have evaluated your scenario/ case a bit and checked your both PDF documents. Well, it looks to me strange as indeed your PDF document created on Windows 8 has small sized charts in it.
If you use the same Aspose.Cells version, this should not happen normally. I checked your template PDF files and the file generated on Windows 8 with VS.NET 2013 has all the charts with small size (tiny). Could you double check if you are using the same version on both machines. Also please check what is the font list and display settings of your Windows 8 machine that is producing different results. Display setting is normally 100% but sometimes users configure it to 125% or 150%, this should be 100% for accurate results for Excel to PDF or Sheet to Image/Chart to Image renderings.

If you still could not evaluate or find any issue, kindly first provide your underlying Excel file (you may save to Excel (XLSX) file format by adding Workbook.Save() line of code to your code segment) to provide us here, we will test the conversion on Windows 8 if we could trace the issue on our end.

Thank you.

Yes, you are correct. When I change my display settings to 100%, it does the Excel to PDF conversion correctly. Thanks for the quick resolution to this issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that the workaround suggested by Amjad worked for you. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.