Excel conditional format duplicate value setting format shows error after saving

The conditional format for opening in Excel is normal:
image.png (29.3 KB)
Error displayed after saving as HTML file:
image.png (16.7 KB)

Here is the converted code and attachments:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“D:/test/spreadsheet/excelExport.xlsx”);
workbook.save(“D:/test/spreadsheet/excelExport.html”);

attachments:
excelExport.7z (12.3 KB)

@xhaixia,

Thanks for the sample XLSX file and screenshots.

After an initial testing, I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template XLSX file to HTML file format. I found MS Excel’s conditional format duplicate value setting format shows error after saving to HTML.

We require thorough evaluation of the issue. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45836

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@xhaixia,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved now. The fix/enhancement will be included in the upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v24.2) that we plan to release in the first half of February 2024. You will be notified when the next version is released.

Can you provide me with a replacement class based on version 20.12 to specifically fix this issue, as there may be significant differences in this version and concerns about other issues

@xhaixia ,

We are sorry but we cannot include fixes in older versions. Since it was a bug in the APIs, which was fixed based on latest APIs set (Aspose.Cells v24.1), so you would need to upgrade to latest version to avail the fix.

What triggered this bug and what are the ways to avoid it

@xhaixia,

Basically, it was a bug related to conditional formatting. Anyways, we will evaluate and give you more details on root cause (if possible).

There is still a problem here. I am stuck in the formula calculation calculateFormula instead of save. I see in your screenshot that it is stuck in save

@xhaixia,

I think you are talking about the issue posted on other thread. Please follow up your other thread for reply for your reference.

@xhaixia

Well, it is a bug of calculating format condition of type “Duplicates” when there are string values which contain special characters such as ‘*’ or ‘?’(which cause the string value be taken as regex). We are afraid there is no better solution to avoid it unless you can change the cell’s value to remove those special characters. Otherwise you have to upgrade to our new version such as 24.2 when it is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45836) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 24.2.