Excel conversion to PDF taking forever

Hello Aspose Team,

In attachment there is a file that have less than 20kb but when I try to convert it to PDF it generates a file larger than 2GB and takes several hours. (I’m not sure if it will ever finish).

The problem is the column M, the data in it is going “forever down”. We have tests to not convert file that has more than X rows and Y columns, but that one does have few of both.

I don’t know which methods of the Aspose Library to use to solve this problem. The server crashes every time with this file.

Below is the code I use:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);
workbook.getSettings().setRegion(CountryCode.BRAZIL);
workbook.save(pdfFilePath, com.aspose.cells.SaveFormat.PDF);

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue using the following code with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for Java v8.7.1.3. We tried to convert your excel file into pdf but it hanged the process and generated very large temp pdf file.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41787 - Excel conversion to PDF is taking forever

Java
String filePath = “D:\Downloads\test.xlsx”;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filePath);
wb.save(“output1.pdf”);

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41787 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41787) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.