Excel crashes when opening Aspose created reports

Hi,

I am having a problem with Excel crashing in both Mac and Windows machines when opening my Aspose files. I was hoping to add two more tabs to this file but I am afraid we may not be able to open it.

Can you please help me?

Thanks,
Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Are you using Aspose.Cells for .NET or Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services?

Which version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Service you are using?

I have opened your excel file and it opens fine in Excel 2013 and it did not crash Microsoft Excel. I have attached the screenshot showing it for your reference.

What is the version of your Microsoft Excel that crash when you open this file?

Please also provide us your RDL file for our further investigation.

It was being opened in 2007. I believe we have reporting services.

Where do I find the RDL file?

Thanks,
Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

If you are using Aspose.Cells for .NET, then there will be some C# or VB.NET code which will be used by your application to generate this report.

And if you are using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services, then there will be an RDL file. This RDL file is actually converted to Excel reports by SSRS (SQL Server Report Server) engine. Without RDL file you cannot generate this report.

Please also let us know which SQL Server you are using. Are you using SQL Server 2014 or 2012 or 2008 R2 or 2008 etc.

Also we were not able to observe this Excel crash issue by opening your Excel file in Microsoft Excel 2007. So surely this bug is specific to your Microsoft Excel version. I have attached the screenshot for your reference.