Excel dies when open the XLSB save from Aspose

Please find an attached XLSX file which opened and then saved in XLSB using Aspose.Cell API (using 17.3.0.3) produces an XLSB file that break Excel on opening.

var workbook = new Workbook(GetFullPath(“sample.xlsx”));
workbook.Save(GetFullPath(“result.xlsb”), SaveFormat.Xlsb);

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

I have tested your scenario/case using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.x. Well, the output XLSB file is opened fine into MS Excel 2010 and 2013. However, I see the issue when opening the output file into MS Excel 2007 (the file crashes MS Excel 2007). Do you use MS Excel 2007 to open the file into it?

Thank you.

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention, we still use Excel 2007.

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.

As we already found that MS Excel 2007 crashes when opening the XLSB file generated by Aspose.Cells APIs. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45412” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We did evaluate your issue further. I tested the scenario/case manually by opening your template file into MS Excel 2007 and then saved it as Excel Binary Workbook (.xlsb) and then closed the file and MS Excel 2007. I opened MS Excel 2007 again. Now when I opened the XLSB file into MS Excel 2007, I got the same error, i.e., MS Excel 2007 crashed. In short, this is an issue with MS Excel 2007 and nothing to do with Aspose.Cells APIs, so your issue cannot be resolved.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan