Excel file gets corrupted after refreshing pivot table and saving

Hi,
I have this issue with this file that contains a pivot table, when I call the method RefreshData() on the pivot table, then save the file and reopen it with excel 2010, I get the message "Excel found unreadable content etc etc"; please follow these steps in order to duplicate the issue with the attached VS project.

1. Run the project.
2. Click on the button "Select Excel ..." and select the file I have included "OriginalFile.xlsx"
3. When it is done, open the new file "NewCopy.xlsx" with excel, it will tell you that the file is corrupted or something
4. Now, comment out the RefreshData() method and select the original file one more time, this time the copy should be fine.
FYI, the file "OriginalFile.xlsx" was actually created using Aspose Cells at one point in the program, if you modify this file and save it and run the test again, the copy won't get corrupted! (interesting), any ideas what could be wrong with these files? is there a fix? a workaround? a function I should be calling?

My main goal is to convert the "NewCopy.xlsx" file to PDF, but since the file is corrupted I can't refresh the pivot table from code.

Thanks!

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to observe this issue using your sample project and source file. We have tested it with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.1.6
but the generated file is corrupt.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42368.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42368) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.