Excel (Format->AutoFit Row Height) vs Aspose AutoFitRow

I am looking for clarification on ticket (CELLSNET-216243). This was resolved in Cells 5.3.0. The AutoFitRow() behavior appears to be the same as before.

In Excel, formatting a cell using “Format->AutoFit Row Height” causes the height to grow or shrink with the text that is entered (in the case of wrapped text).

The ticket indicated that AutoFitRow() had been changed to do this, too. Is there a code change that I would need to make to get this to work?

Regards,
Rick Jones

Hi,

There is not any code change. It is same as it was before. Will you please try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v6.0.1.6

If the problem does occur then create a sample C# project replicating the problem. We will look into it and fix it.

Hi,

I have the latest version of Aspose.Cells. I would like to be able to format a cell in Aspose.Cells that has the same effect as the Excel (Format->AutoFit Row Height) command does. Excel grows/shrinks the row height after a user types in the cell. Is there a way in Aspose.Cells to apply this cell formatting to a cell in a worksheet?

Regards,
Rick

Hello,
Is there an analogue to Excel’s (Format->AutoFit Row Height) in Aspose.Cells?

Regards,
Rick

Hi,

Please provide me your desired xlsx file and apply autofit row height on it manually using Ms-Excel 2010. We will investigate it and update you asap.

Hi,
I have attached a file that I hope will illustrate the feature.

Regards,
Rick

Hi,

Thanks for illustration. We have logged this feature as a New Feature Request in our database. We will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-30035.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v6.0.1.9

Hi,
Thanks for looking in to this. I tried Aspose.Cells 6.0.1.9 . No luck.

In Excel 2010, formatting a cell with AutoFit Row Height will cause the cells height to grow/shrink to match the height of the text entered , after the user exits the cell. If they type in 2 lines of text in the cell and move to the next cell, the cell formatted with AutoFit Row Height will change the height to be two row high. If they go back to the cell and add two more rows of text, the cell will resize the height to be 4 rows high.
Is there a way to format the cell in Aspose that would behave this way?

Regards,
Rick Jones

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have requested the development team to provide a code example how to make Excel work the same way as you stated using Aspose.Cells for .NET. We will update you asap.

Hi,

After closely looking into this behavior of MS Excel, we found the flag (which indicates whether row height is automatically assigned) became true.

We will make autofit works as MS Excel.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.0.1

I see that AutofitRow(x) works like Excel 2010 Autofit Row Height in Aspose.Cells 7.0.0.1. Could you have them look at the other AutofitRow method calls.
AutofitRow( row, col_start,col_end) does not appear to apply the Excel 2010 Autofit Row Height formatting.

Regards,
Rick

Hi Rick,

We will check if we can provide the similar feature for your desired overloaded version of the method. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi Rick,

Please try Worksheet.AutoFitRow(int startRow, int endRow, int startColumn, int endColumn) method.

But we will not change the flag which indicates whether row height is automatically assigned in this method.

I ran a test to see what this overloaded method would do. It , AutoFitRow(r1,c1,r2,c2), does not do the AutoFit Row Height resizing that Excel 2010 does.

For my purposes I can just use the AutoFitRow(row) method. I just wanted to point out the different behavior of the overloads.

Regards,
Rick

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30035) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.