Excel formula cell becomes non-formula cell when setting text for shape (#932)

Hi,

I got a problem with cell changing its type from formula to non-formula when I want to change text in shape which is apparently linked with the mentioned cell. What happens is that the text which I tried to set to that shape has been set into a mentioned cell too, and that cell becomes non-formula although it was formula before changing text in shape. I need to change text on shape without changing fact that mentioned cell is formula.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“BILANSIZBIRNO.XLS”);
boolean isFormulaBefore = workbook.getWorksheets().get(8).getCells().get(“F47”).isFormula();
Shape shape = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getShapes().get(8);
shape.setText(“Hello world!”);
boolean isFormulaAfter = workbook.getWorksheets().get(8).getCells().get(“F47”).isFormula();
assertEquals(isFormulaBefore, isFormulaAfter);
workbook.save(“BILANSIZBIRNO.XLS”);
<span style=“font-family: “Courier New”;”>
Excel file is attached to the post. Can You help me here?

Best regards,
Zeljko

Hi,

Thanks for the template file, sample code and details.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned using your sample code and template file. I found that Excel formula cell becomes non-formula cell when setting text for the shape. I have logged this issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know here.

This issue has been logged as:

• CELLSJAVA-42303 - Excel formula cell becomes non-formula cell when setting text for the shape

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-42303 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I have tried this with Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and it is working fine.

Thanks!

Zeljko

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that the latest fix figures out your issue now. Feel free to write us back in case you have further comments or questions, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42303) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.