Excel found unreadable content... formulas after row 65536 in Excel 2007

Hello,

Having an odd problem with an Excel 2007 report generated by Aspose. The file is over 20MB so don’t want to attach it but will explain what is happening.

The report process completes successfully but when opening the file, I get the following error:
"Excel found unreadable content in ‘Filename.xlsm’. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

After clicking Yes, I get a box which says:
"Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part.

There is a link to a log file. The contents are:

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”
standalone=“yes”?>

http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">error041360_01.xml

Errors were detected in file 'C:\Filename.xlsm'Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

Excel then goes into "Open and Repair mode" and the file opens, but not all of the formulas survived. There are 8 columns with formulas. They repeat properly for the first 65,537 rows of the data. Then the remaining 20,000 plus rows display "#N/A" (formula bar entry =#N/A).

I thought it odd that it would degrade at the point where previous versions of Excel would end (65,536). It doesn't seem to be a coincidence.

I removed all the formulas but one and the same error occurred and the same number of rows were correct vs. #N/A.

Seems like there is something between the report writer and Excel where it's not convinced that it's generating for Excel 2007. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Stainbrook

Hi,

Which version you are using?

Could you try our latest version/fix of the product v2.2.1.3

If you still find the issue, we need your demo application (with your template files) to show the issue. So, that we can check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We’re on version 2.1.0

Are you familiar with this particular error?

Thanks,
Ron

Hi,

Well, I am not sure about the issue regarding the older version v2.1.0 you are using, but, please do use our latest version e.g 2.2.1.x in which we have enhanced certain features including specifying formulas beyond 65k limit.

Please try the latest version/fix and let us know if it works fine. If you still find the issue, kindly do post your template file with sample code here to reproduce the issue. We will check it soon.

Thank you.