Excel found unreadable content in generated XLSX file

Hi – I am trying convert HTML to XLS. Aspose generates the file…but getting this error when I try to open in Excel.

Details:
  1. My HTML have elements that causes this error.
  2. Generates fine, but only opening in the Excel throws this error.
  3. Enclosed the full working code to duplicate the issue. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,

You are converting conventional/common HTML to XLS, which might not be fully supported (some tags might not be supported completely) as the product does support to read/write MS Excel oriented html files (the html files you may make in MS Excel).

Anyways, I checked your issue a bit, I think it works fine with latest version v7.1.0.5.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.0.5

Thank you.

Yes…it works…but it does not add the TH columns in the generated Excel file. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, I noticed the TH tag is not working, the tag might not be supported, I have logged it into your existing issue: CELLSNET-40356. We will also look into it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad. Is there are a place where I can see what tags are supported by the current version? Thanks again.

Hi,

a) The issue of a partial HTML snippet:

If there is not html header in the file, we could simply process the file as a html file. So please set the load format when you call new Workbook().

See following code:

LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Html);

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(stream,loadOptions);

b) The issue of Th,

We will try to support this tag.

Thanks!

Yes, LoadOptions takes care of the partial issue and what we left out is TH tag support.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.0.6

Works…great!! Thx.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40356) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.