Excel found unreadable content in xlsx

Hi,

My workbook created in Excel has a custom function defined through an Excel add-in. In order to calculate this function via Aspose.Cells, I've created an ICustomFunction for it. Everything works fine, except when I save the updated workbook with wb.Save(destination, SaveFormat.Xlsx) and open the file in Excel, I get an error dialog stating:

Excel found unreadable content in 'filename.xlsx'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.

When I click Yes, it successfully opens the workbook with repairs:

Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content.
Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

After this happens, the formulas are gone from the cells, and only the values calculated remain. I've compared sheet1.xml in the before and after files, and it seems that the problem is that the file saved with Aspose.Cells adds single quotation marks around the custom function in the formula.

Original:

[1]!MyFunction(A3,$B$1)

After Save:

[1]!'MyFunction'(A3,$B$1)

Is this a known issue?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and use the latest version Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.5.3.2
and see if it works fine.

If your problem still occurs, then please provide us your simple sample project replicating this issue with the latest version. Also provide us your source Excel file which you are using inside the code. We will look into your issue and help you asap.

Attached is a sample solution that demonstrates this. I’ve also attached the source Excel file that I used, and the output Excel file that shows the error.

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue using your sample project and source file. The output xlsx file is corrupt and MS-Excel shows warning on opening it. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42032.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.4 and let us know your feedback.

Seems like the issue is fixed. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.4.

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42032) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.