Excel found unreadable content with xlsm file

Hi,

I try the demo Aspose.Cells .NET 7.1.2 with an xlsm file. All I did is open/save/close the file.

When I open it with Excel, I got this error “Excel found unreadable content in [DemoFile.xlsm]”.
I try to find the source of the problem, if I rename the file to DemoFile.zip and try to unzipped if I got this error “Error 0x80004005 : Unspecified error” for the file [Content_Types]xml.

When I compare the file [Content_Types]xml recovered with the original I found a new sheet inserted that contains the “Evaluation Copyright Warning”.

Is this bug present just with the demo version?

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.6

and see if it resolves your problem.

If the problem still occurs with latest version, then please provide us your file, we will look into it and fix the problems.

You get Evaluation Warning Sheet because you are using Evaluation version of Aspose.Cells for .NET. Once you will purchase a license and set it using code, you will not get this Evaluation Warning sheet.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I try the version 7.2.6. The problem is still there. I send you my file.

Here is my code sample :

FileStream fs = new FileStream(filename, FileMode.Open);
Workbook wb = new Workbook(fs);
wb.Save(fs, SaveFormat.Xlsm);
fs.Close();

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I was able to replicate this issue using your code with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.7

However, I have checked this issue with the latest version with my code and it is working fine.

Please see the code below. I have attached the output file.

I have logged this issue in our database. Development team will look into this issue and once the fix or some update relating to it is available, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40573.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shower+Kits+3+2+12+After+Con+Call_2.xlsm”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xlsm”);

Hi,

I tested your code with the version 7.1.2.7 and its works.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It is good to know your issue is resolved now. We have now closed this ticket.

If you encounter any other problem or face any issue, please feel free to post, we will help you asap.

Please also download and use our latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.2.0.2

and let us know your feedback.