Excel NORMINV function

I am evaluating the Aspose.Cells as well as SpreadsheetGear products for a .NET 3.5 web application project: I need to collect data from a multi-step form, insert them into the proper worksheets cells and then return a PDF file with all the calculated values.

The spreadsheet involves the use of Montecarlo simulation, so I need to use the Excel function NORMINV, but I see that actually Aspose.Cells doesn't support it, while SpreadsheetGear support almost all the Excel statistical functions. Do you think that you could implement this function soon?

I'd like to stay with Aspose.Cells because the conversion to PDF is easier.

Since we expect much users using the web application, do you have any comparative performance benchmarks for Aspose.Cells vs. SpreadsheetGear?

Thank you,

Matteo Frana
F2 .net engineering s.r.l.

Hi Metteo,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I think Aspose.Cells would suit your need. Related NORMINV function, we may consider and support it soon for your requirement.

For Performance benchmarks, we did upload the benchmarks, please check the following document:
Aspose.Cells and Competitors Performance Metrics and Benchmarks

These benchmarks do include some leading Spreadsheet management components including Aspose.Cells and SpreadsheetGear (Note: we did not mention the brands due to our internal policy though)

Thank you.

Thank you for your support.

When do you think you will be able to implement the NORMINV function?
I need to present a first prototype at the beginning of the next week.

I need also a temporary (30 days) licence key for Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf so that the output is clean for the presentation.

Thank you,
Matteo Frana

Hi Matteo,

For NORMINV function, we will make it within 2 days.

For license key, please post your request at https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase . Our sales team will support you soon.

Please try this attached version. It supports NORMINV now.

I changed the DLL with the one attached, but it still returns an error calculating the NORMINV formula. It returns: Error in calculating cell M6 in Worksheet Prices.

Can you give me an e-mail where I can send you our Excel file?

Thank you,
Matteo

Please make sure that your project refers to the new dll and then rebuild your application. You can zip and send your file to nanjing@aspose.com . Thank you.

I have rebuilt the application and now it gives an error on another cell, one with a random value. Does Aspose.Cells support RAND()?

A quick question: I see that the copy function of a cell has only the source cell as parameter: how can I choose to copy values/formulas/format ?

Thank you,
Matteo Frana

I will give you a new version tomorrow. It will supports RAND() function.

Cell.Copy method will copy content and format in a cell.

If you want to copy value:

cell2.PutValue(cell1.Value);

Copy formula:

cell2.Formula = cell1.Formula;

Copy format:

cell2.SetStyle(cell1.GetStyle());

Please try this attached version. It supports RAND function.