Excel.Save and browser

I am evaluating the trail product Aspose.Excel. I like the product’s ease of use, however I am unable to produce what I need to accomplish. For simplicity sake I will use your example because I get the same problem when I use my code. Using this example from <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urnTongue Tiedchemas-microsoft-comSurprisefficeSurpriseffice” /></oStick out tongue>

</oStick out tongue>

http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Excel/Api/Aspose.Excel.Excel.Save2.html</oStick out tongue>

Note: I changed SaveType.OpenInPlace to SaveType.OpenInExcel

Note: excel1.Save(“C:\Results.xls”, FileFormatType.Default); works great for me</oStick out tongue>

</oStick out tongue>

Excel excel = new Excel();</oStick out tongue>

Worksheets sheets = excel.Worksheets;</oStick out tongue>

Cells cells = sheets[0].Cells;</oStick out tongue>

cells[“A1”].PutValue(1234);</oStick out tongue>

excel.Save(“test.xls”, SaveType.OpenInExcel, FileFormatType.Default, Response);</oStick out tongue>

</oStick out tongue>

See below for test.xls. It looks like the header of webpage is displayed along with data that Mircosoft Excel cant understand. Is this functionality disabled in the evaluation version and will work if I buy the license? Is this a bug? Do i need to configure something in IIS?

Ryan Thompson

Washington State Department of Revenue

This is what my test.xls looks like. Each line has a row and in the first column.

D?à?±á>t? t???y???t???t???at???Root Entry???àC
Ké??€ Workbook???X ???a

e !"#$%t??? ía?=ex: $8X@?"·ú1è?Arial1è?Arial1è?Arial1è?Arial1è?Arial1è Arial1 ??Arialà?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à üà à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à?? à à üà “€?“€?“€?“€a?“€?“€?’a8???€€€€€€€€€ààà€€€???3f??ìì??ff?€€fììì?€???€€€€€?ì?ì??ì?ì???ì???ìì???ì?3f?3ìì?ì?ì???fff?–––3f3?f333?3?3f33?333???..0Sheet1…?aSheet2??ü^KIt is strictly prohibited from using it in the production of any software. VThis file is created with Aspose.Excel for evaluation only with an Evaluation License.Was well as expose the user to other legal recourse for collection and punitive damages.RAny violation of this provision shall require a mandatory purchase of pay license ?
è
ía
aDa
dü??òMbP?*+?€%??á??&üy~???'üy~???(e?)e??" dà?à?U?@~
H“@×">?@?" ???
ía
z
dü??òMbP?
*+?€%??á??&üy~???'üy~???(e?)e??" dà?à?U?@?@?@?@y
y
y
y
× ?<>?@?" ??? </oStick out tongue>
</oStick out tongue>

Hi Ryan,

Please add a line of code before you call the Save method.

Response.Clear();

If the problem still exists, please send me your project by email. I will investigate it. Thanks.