Excel save to pdf shifting error

Hi,

While we save our excel file to pdf, our doc is shifting.
Our excel version:8.3.0.0 and I attached excel and pdf document and wait your solution.

Thanks.

Hi Ahmet,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after converting your Excel file into PDF using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.3.0.2
with the following sample code. Contents and shapes are shifting when Excel is saved to PDF

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43199 - Contents and shapes are shifting when Excel is saved to PDF

I have also attached the output PDF generated with the following code for a reference.

C#

string filePath = @“D:\Downloads\URT.BTF.SA.001_0+(2).xls”;

Workbook Wb = new Workbook(filePath);

PdfSaveOptions SaveOpt = new PdfSaveOptions();

Wb.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, SaveOpt);

Hi,

Could you please share an informationa about state of this issues?

Hi Ahmet,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment regarding this issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

This issue should be fixed in about July 17, 2015.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.0.4
and let us know your feedback.

Please try the new fix. The position of textbox is proper now. But the background color is not proper. The color is transparent. Now it is not supported.

You may save it in Png format.

C#

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();

pdfSaveOptions.ImageType = ImageFormat.Png;

book.Save(Path.Combine(path, “SavePng.pdf”), pdfSaveOptions);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43199) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,

I downloaded 8.5.2.0 version and problem is still occurs.
Could you please try again?

Hi,

Please download and try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.2.1

I have tested your scenario/ case using your original XLS file to convert to PDF with v8.5.2.1 and noticed a few shapes are still shifted a bit from their contents. I have attached my output PDF file for your reference here. Could you provide a screen shot to highlight the problematic areas for the shapes, so we could try to figure out your issue precisely. I will re-open your issue after your provide us the screen shot with highlighted issue(s).

Thank you.

Hello,

I downloaded last fix and still lines seem shifted.
I attached original file(lineError.xls), converted file(lineError.pdf) and screenshot (brokenLines.png). You can see red arrows that point shifted lines.

I look foward for a valid solution for this situation.

Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for the screen shot.

I noticed and confirmed the highlighted issues in the generated PDF file via Aspose.Cells APIs. I have reopened your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

@ahmetdemirel
For CELLSNET-43199,please try our latest version Aspose.Cells 21.6.0.
If you find any issue, please provide the source Excel file to help us analyze it.