Excel: save .xls while preserving PivotTable and PivotCache

Hi,
I have the following problem:
- large Excel 2007 files with Pivot Tables (linked to SQL datasource)
- users have Office 2003 with compatibility pack (read/write in 2007 format)
- opening Excel 2007 file in Excel 2003 application invokes file conversion which takes an unacceptable amount of time to complete (several minutes)

Question: how can I automate converting the 2007 files into 2003 format to avoid conversion on the users workstation?

Remarks
- doing refresh data from user workstation is not an option: pivotcache is holding the current data and is being updated in batch over night
- using Aspose.Cells Open (2007 format) and Save as 2003 format does not preserve PivotTable and Pivotcache (only current view is converted as regular worksheet data)

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Pivot Table - Aspose.Cells for .NET and Java

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, I 'm afraid, currently Aspose.Cells does not support to preserve the pivot tables (in MS 2007 xlsx file) to MS Excel 2003 xls format, so, we have no better solution at the moment. We are scheduled to start working on pivot tables for manipulation support in the template files though which can be completed in 3 months time .

Thank you.

@joetixis,

We supported the feature (create, manipulate and refresh Pivot Tables in XLS/XLSX (MS Excel 2007 - 2019)) with enhancements in newer versions. We recommend you to kindly upgrade to and give it a try to latest version of Aspose.Cells. Also, see the document for your reference:
Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts