Excel template grouping: Some of the grouping data does not show up in PDF

Hello,

We are creating PDF reports for our customers using Excel templates. Now I am experiencing a problem when grouping the output. The output should be grouped on 10 columns, but the grouped row only shows two of these columns.

The desired output should be

1. Grouping row containing two columns

2. Grouping row containing ten columns

3. A "normal" data row.

I attach the code that is used to create the PDF document as well as the desired and the actual output. The desired output is generated by loading the XML data into a Excel file, converting it to a plain XSL-file and generating the data from the template and the data xsl file - the grouping works as expected then. When using the typed data in the format IEnumerable, some of the grouping columns are skipped.

Could you please help?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details, sample files (XML data, source code segments (generic), template Excel file, PDF, screen shots etc.).

I have logged a ticket with an id: “CELLSNET-41254”. We need to investigate your issue a bit, we will do it soon. You have provided some sample files and some generic codes (we are not completely aware of all your objects, pointers for modules) and other files. We appreciate if you could provide us a complete runnable and simpler application (you may zip it prior attaching here), it will help us to trace your issue more precisely and to figure it out soon.

By the way, if you save your final output to Excel file format (e.g XLS) instead of PDF, it that rendered correctly?

Thank you.
lindaanita:

Hello,

We are creating PDF reports for our customers using Excel templates. Now I am experiencing a problem when grouping the output. The output should be grouped on 10 columns, but the grouped row only shows two of these columns.

The desired output should be

1. Grouping row containing two columns

2. Grouping row containing ten columns

3. A "normal" data row.

I attach the code that is used to create the PDF document as well as the desired and the actual output. The desired output is generated by loading the XML data into a Excel file, converting it to a plain XSL-file and generating the data from the template and the data xsl file - the grouping works as expected then. When using the typed data in the format IEnumerable, some of the grouping columns are skipped.

Could you please help?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have looked into your issue but we are unable to investigate it completely. Please provide us your complete but simple runnable sample code replicating your issue.

It will help us look into your issue precisely and we will be able to fix your issue or help/advise you.

Thanks for your cooperation.