Excel templates that have "data tables" / "matrix" formulas?

Hello,

I have an end user who built an Excel template with smart markers that also includes Excel “Data Tables” with matrix formulas. The “data table” uses functions such as {=TABLE( C8, )} .

I’ve never seen these kind of formulas before.

The problem is that after merging some data into the template, the formulas in the data table area are stripped out.

I didn’t see much in the forums about these kinds of formulas. I also checked the list of unsupported functions, and =TABLE isn’t there.

Do you all know about these data tables and whether they’re supported in Cells? I may be able to post the file if that helps.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi,

Could you elaborate more on Data Tables, do you mean “What-If-Analysis | Data Table feature” of MS Excel? I am afraid, this feature is not available at the moment.

Please create a sample console application with your template files (input file and output file), zip it and post it here to make us understand your issue and to reproduce the issue on our end. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Yes, the “What-If-Analysis | Data Table feature” of MS Excel is exactly what the user is attempting to use.

We’ll put something together and submit it soon. Thanks for letting me know that this isn’t currently supported.