Excel timelines become broken after resave

Hi.

Have a new problem.
We take a source Excel file, read it and save it with another name using Aspose.Cells. No modifications are made.
File becomes broken.

Here is a sample piece of code.

public class Save
{

public static Workbook createWB(InputStream inputStream)
{
try
{
return new Workbook(inputStream);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
throw new RuntimeException(e);
}
}

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
{
Workbook workbook = createWB(Save.class.getResourceAsStream(“sablon.xlsm”));
File result = File.createTempFile(“result”, “.xlsm”);
workbook.save(result.getAbsolutePath());
System.out.println(result.getAbsolutePath());
workbook.dispose();
}
}

The source and the result you can find in attachement.
This problem appears on Aspose.Cells 8.8.2.10, but it worked fine on a version 8.6.2.
It looks really sad to obtain new bugs in a functionality that used to work fine.

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for sharing the samples.

I have checked the presented scenario on my side and I can load the resultant spreadsheet in Excel 2010 fine. Could you please confirm the version of Excel application that you are using to inspect the resultant spreadsheet on your side?

Hi again,

This is to update you that I have further checked the spreadsheet generated with Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.3 in Excel 2013 and have noticed the said problem, that is; the spreadsheet cannot be loaded without repair (see attached snapshot). Moreover, the spreadsheet saved with Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.2 does not exhibit this problem. Based on these observations, I have raised a regression incident as CELLSJAVA-41900 in our bug tracking system. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the scenario and get back to you with with updates in this regard.

That said, please confirm the version of Excel application being used on your side so we could attach that information to aforementioned ticket.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We’ve found this problem using Excel 2016.

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for sharing the details. I have posted these details to aforementioned ticket for product team’s review.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41900 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41900) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi, unfortunately have another problem with the same functionality.

Here’s a new sample source Excel file that becomes broken while beeing transformed by the code above

Hi again,

Thank you for sharing the sample. I have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 16.11.1, and I am able to notice the said problem, that is; spreadsheet becomes corrupted after simple re-save operation. In order to further investigate the matter, I have raised this incident as CELLSJAVA-42073. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the scenario and get back with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 16.11.7 (attached) against the problem logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-42073, and share your feedback.

Hi!

Unfortunately we cannot test this version of Aspose.Cells because our license allows us to get new updates released before 11/24.
But I’ve posted the problem on 11/18 and the root problem was described 5 months ago and we still cannot use this functionality.
I think you have to provide us the fix for this problem regardless the terms of the license.

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for writing back. I am afraid, we will not be able to help you much with your recent concerns because license subscriptions are not support team’s domain. Even the sales team in the Aspose.Purchase forum might not extend your subscription straight away to use the latest release of Aspose.Cells for Java without renewing it, although you can raise your concerns there if you want to.

That said, please note that once a problem is posted in support forums, support team can quickly investigate the scenario and log it in the bug tracking system for thorough analysis. From there the tickets are pushed to a first-come-first-serve queue where we need to follow predefined processes in order to thoroughly analyze the scenario and fix the problem. These processes take time depending upon the complexity of the reported problem. Unfortunately, we do not ensure that a fix will be delivered before the subscription expiry of a particular user. In fact, we (support team) do not even know when a subscription of a particular user is going to expire.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42073) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.