Excel to HTML, Get merged range and use header and footer in .NET

Hi Team,

We are trying to use latest aspose cell dll in our solution since last 3 releases. (jan-2013 to march 2013).

Right now we are using 7.3.0.2 and we need to use latest version to address the issues fixed in it.

But workBook.save options results into regression issues every release.

Till Jan -2013 release (7.4.0.0) we were able to see output with small issues in HTML. (Like comma is missing in number format.)

And in March - 2013 we are not able to see HTML output itself.

I have attached output of same excel file in 3 version which will help you to compare.

Please let me know if you need more details.

-Nakul

Hi,

Hi,

Please use our latest fix/version of the product: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.3
I have tested using the fix, it works fine. I used your attached Excel file as template file and save it as an HTML file, I have attached the output HTML file archive here.

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\ExcelReport.xlsx”);
Aspose.Cells.HtmlSaveOptions saveOptionsCell = new Aspose.Cells.HtmlSaveOptions();
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\outExcelReport__1.html”, saveOptionsCell);

Thank you.

This DLL has another regression issue!!!

workBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[row, column].GetMergedRange();

Above function not working when excel sheet has header footer information.
//input DATA row=0; column = 0
Please find attached excel sheet in which case this function returns NULL object.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul

Hi,

Well, this is not an issue. If you could open your attached Excel file “HeaderFooter.xls” into MS Excel and see the A1 cell (containing “Account” data/value), it is not merged at all, so Aspose. Cells is rightly giving you null when you use the lines e.g

string filePath = “e:\test2\HeaderFooter.xls”;
Workbook wb = new Workbook(filePath);
Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets[0];
Range rng = ws.Cells[0,0].GetMergedRange(); //rng would be null -OK

Let us know if you have any other issue or confusion.

Thank you.

Hi Team,

We have found one more regression bug with aspose cell 7.4.2.3, which was not present in earlier version.

Header and footer are repeated.

I have attached sample excel and an image with issue area.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul

Hi,

I am not sure about your issue “Header and footer are repeated”. How did you create such such Excel file, also could you paste your code (runnable) here. Also, your attached file is output file (by Aspose. Cells) or an input file. Please provide us complete details, sample codes, files etc. so we could check your issue soon.

Thank you.