Excel to pdf generation issue

When you generate a pdf from a Excel document that has a cloud callout with text inside it, the PDF displays only the cloud without the text inside it. Is this a know issue with Aspose?

Here is a link to the two snapshots of excel and PDF output respectively.

http://imgur.com/a/di0qm

Thanks,

Armin

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the screen shots about the issue.

It might be due to the fact that a few auto-shapes might not be rendered fine in the rendered PDF file. Recently, we are working on the shape rendering module to enhance it more.

Please use the latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.1.1

If you still find the issue, kindly attach your input sample Excel file and output PDF file here, we will check if and log the issue (if we found it) into our issue tracking system to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply Amjad. Can you please share the link to the Java version as well? We are using the Java version and not the .NET version.

Hi,

Thanks for your consideration of Aspose.Cells.

Please first download the latest MAJOR version of Aspose.Cells for Java from this link:

Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.1

Once, you download it, then update the aspose.cells jar file with the latest jar file in this MINOR version:
Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.1.1.2

If you find any problem, please feel free to post, we will help you asap.

Thanks you very much Shakeel! Appreciate it very much.

Regards,
Armin

Hello Shakeel,

I did a test with the new updated jar files from version 7.1.1.2 and the issue still persists. Please see attached samples for details. I have attached the two PDF's and sample spreadsheet. One generated from 7.0.3 and one from 7.1.1.2 and the text is still not in place when printing to PDF.

Thanks,
Armin

Hi,

I can find the issue as you have pointed out by converting your template file to PDF.

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSJAVA-40146. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad. I will wait for your next update.

Regards,
Armin

Hi,

We have made enhancement for rendering the text in shape, please try this fix (v7.1.1.4) to check whether it can fit your requirements.

Thank you.

Hello Amjad,

Thanks for the quick fix. I did a quick test and the original cloud callout box output came out pretty close, but it still has some minor issues. Please see the attached screenshots for details. As you can see the text is slightly faded in the beginning of each row and it’s wrapping incorrectly at the end of each row with the first character of the word staying in the incorrect row

However, on adding additional callouts as part of the test, I encountered more issues. Please see below for details.

Thanks!
Armin

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have logged the reported issues by you. We will look into them and once we will fix it or have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Thanks Shakeel. I will wait for your next update.

Regards,
Armin

Hello Shakeel,

Any udpate on this issue pl.?

Thanks,
Arminder

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update for you at the moment. However, I have logged your comment.

Hopefully, your issue will be resolved soon.

The comment has been logged against the issue id: CELLSJAVA-40146

Any update pl.? This is getting critical for our workflow…

Thanks,
Armin

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40146) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.