Excel to PDF - Hidden formula is made visible

Hello,

I have a use case in which I have to export complex Excel files with many formulas.
It is expected that sometimes some formulas are in error, but columns size and margins have been set-up so that errors won't be printed.
Using a PDF printer, or saving as PDF using Excel works like a charm.
Using Aspose.Cells make the error appear.

Please find attached:
1. A very simple example Excel file
2. The PDF generated with Excel
3. The PDF generated with Aspose
4. A snapshot indicating what goes wrong

For your info, this is the C# code used to generate the PDF file:

class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.WriteLine("Start.");

string inputFilePath = @"\..\..\Files\REF test.xlsx";
string outputFilePattern = @"\..\..\Files\REF test - Saved as pdf with Aspose.pdf";

using (MemoryStream inputStream = new MemoryStream(File.ReadAllBytes(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + inputFilePath)))
{
using (MemoryStream PDFStream = new MemoryStream())
{
Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(inputStream);
workbook.CalculateFormula();
workbook.Save(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + outputFilePattern, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);
}
}

Console.WriteLine("End.");
Console.ReadKey();
}
}

Could you help me ?

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF file format. I found that the hidden formula is made
visible a bit to paste its calculated value in the output PDF file format. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43108” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed
this issue now. We will provide you a fix soon after
incorporating other enhancements and fixes and conducting some extensive
testing. Once, it is available for you, we will let you know asap by
posting in this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

Hello,

Thank you for the fix, it is ok for me.

Hi,

Good to know that it figures out your issue. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43108) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.