Excel to PDF Issue: Equations are missing glyphs and certain formatted text is truncated or rendered in unexpected fonts

Hi Team,

Tested with latest Aspose.cells 8.1.1 & older 7.40
When converting the attached excel document to PDF, we are facing below problems:
1 - The equation characters are rendered to Boxes in the output PDF
2 - Some equation images are not crisp in the output PDF - Regression as this is working in 7.4.0

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Satyendra

Hi Satyendra,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe these issues after converting your xlsx file into pdf using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.1.

We have logged these issues in our database for investigation. We will look into them and fix these issues. Once, these issues are resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

These issues have been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-40902 - Equation characters are rendered as boxes in the output PDF
  • CELLSJAVA-40903 - Equation images are not crisp in the output PDF

I have attached the output pdf generated with the following code for a reference.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\TestDocumentforPDFRendering.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

Hi,

Also, we have already logged an enterprise level support ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-40869” for the issue(s). And to update you on it, we have fixed the issue regarding image (in the output PDF file) which is somewhat blurred and is not of good quality. We are working over the other aspect of the issue i.e. regarding square boxes issue/ data issue" at the moment.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.1.1.3

We have fixed your issues now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,