Excel.Web - Exported Excel inside Excel looks messed up

Ok...

Using the Excel.Web version 2005 12 19 and inside the browser the Generated Excel spreadsheet looks nice. Very nice actually. Everthing seems to format as expected. The data in columns start when expected and all data is there as expected. When I export to .xls and look at the exported document inside Excel ... the formating is all messed up.

The spreadsheet when viewed inside Excel does not start till Column H where in the browser using the ExcelWeb1 component it started in Column A (0) .

None of the color background formating is coming over.

There also seems to be a loss of data in the middle of the exported version.

The following is the export code I'm using:

private void ExcelWeb1_OnAfterSaveCommand(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.CommandEventArgs args)

{

// Generates a temporary file name.

string filename = System.IO.Path.GetTempFileName() + ".xls";

System.IO.FileInfo file = new System.IO.FileInfo(filename);

// save data to a file, using original file as a template.

this.ExcelWeb1.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile(filename);

Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";

//Add header

Response.AddHeader( "content-disposition","attachment; filename=" + file.Name);

// write file to the reponse stream, so you can receive the excel file with your browser directly.

Response.WriteFile(filename);

Response.End();

}

Aspose.Excel.Web is upgraded to Aspose.Grid now. You can download and try the latest version at http://www.aspose.com/Downloads/Aspose.Grid/1.5.1.0/Default.aspx .

If you still find this problem, could you please post your sample project here? We will check it soon.

Before I do this does my license from Excel.Web (the old version) still work with Apose.Grid? If not how do I get another license file … we just bought this 2 month’s ago.

Still need a new license file .. for Aspose.Grid. We bought Aspose.Excel.Web about 2 month ago and its already been discontinued :)

I have converted this project over to the Api .... and the following line still causes problems when exporting to a excel spreadsheet. The grid looks perfect in the web browser but looks really bad in excel.

The following line is causing the problem: GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].Cells.Merge(0,0,0,3);

When I remove this line exported grid looks identical to web displayed version.

I've got screen captures of the two grids ....web vice inside excel if you want to see them