Excel Xlsb size Issue

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Excel format XLSB to my project.
Aspose do the work well done, I mean, save the file.

The issue is that, the saved file grows a lot.

In attach we’ll find a small Console Application project so you can see what I’m talking about.
In the test I inserted a file with 314Kb which, after save and with none changes, grows to +/- 850kb.

When I open the saved file with Excel 2010, and the save (nothing more), the file decreases to +/- 314kb.

Of course that the problem is when we talk about big files (10 Mb, or more), which is the case.

I already tried to use the XLSB Save options, but with no success

var saveOptions = new XlsbSaveOptions();
saveOptions.ClearData = true;
saveOptions.ValidateMergedAreas = false;
saveOptions.SaveFormat = SaveFormat.Xlsb;

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

I was able to notice/reproduce the issue, as you have mentioned, even with the latest version of Aspose.Cells. We will further investigate this issue and update you here once we have any information about the solution of this issue.

This issue has been logged in our Issue Tracking System as: CELLSNET-40883.

Hi,

Thanks for this.
This is a big issue for us, not only because the size of the file, but also because it takes to long to open those files in Excel.

My thoughts would be something about “compact” the file content?!..

thanks,
Ricardo

Hi Ricordo,

You are welcome.

I have already created an issue in our database for our development team to look into and assist further. We will update you here once we have any information about the resolution of this issue. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please also try setting the XlsbSaveOptions.ValidateMergedAreas as true, it will remove invalid
records in your files which should compact the file size and also it will open in Ms-Excel quickly.

Let us know if the above setting works fine.

We have also logged your provided information in our database for investigation. Once there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

I’ve try what you said, but the problem still the same.

Another thing, that I already mentioned before, is the time that Excel spent to open those worbook after Aspose Save…

(+/-) Times, and size, to open workbook in excel (try the file that I’ve sent to you)…
File saved by aspose:
size: 860kb
time to open: 15 seconds

After open in Excel, just save the file (no changes)
Size: 318 kb
time to open. less than 1 second
thanks in advance,
Ricardo

Hi,

Thanks for your findings and providing us the statistics relating to opening time and size the of the saved workbooks.

We have logged your comments in our database against the issue id: CELLSNET-40883

We are working over your issue. Once, this issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for this. Already tried and seems good!

Best regards,
Ricardo

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix.

If you face any other issue, please feel free to post, we will be glad to help you asap.

RicBessa:
Hi,

After some testing (complexity of project development) I realize that this issue is not yet finish.

If the original excel file has some pick list values, when I do the save with aspose, then those pick list values "vanish".
I've done a sample project so you can check it.

1) in the project that I attach, open the "\xlsbTemplates\Testing.xlsb"
there you can check the pick list working

2) run the project and find the file that I create (with aspose) in "d:\nochanges.xlsb" (if you don't have a drive d:\ please change the destiny of the file)

3) open the created file ("d:\nochanches.xlsb") and you can check that the pick list values has vanish.

If this issue should be in a new thread, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo
Hi,

Thanks for your reporting this issue.

I have created a separate thread for this issue. So, please follow this thread.

Excel Xlsb size Issue - Pick List vanishes

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40883) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.