Exception at Aspose.Pdf.License.SetLicense(Stream stream)

@daverobinsone31d0,

Thank you for the environment details. We will prepare a VM of the said environment and will get back to you in the next week.

Hi, do you have any feedback on this yet. We do actually have paid for support as part of our license. Will this help?

@daverobinsone31d0,

We are sorry for the delay. We are in progress to set up the said environment and will get back to you in a couple of days.

Hi, any progress. We have paid for support, should I escalate this?

Thanks

@daverobinsone31d0,

We have created a VM of Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and still unable to replicate the said error in our environment. We have executed your project application and can generate 1011 PDF documents by running three test cases. It appear an environment specific error, kindly run operating system updates or try on any other computer.

I’m really really surprised that you cannot reproduce it as I can reproduce on multiple environments. As mentioned in a previous post I’ve even managed to copy it to my personal Windows 10 machine and get the error here. I’ve also tried on a Windows Server 2012 environment and reproduced it.

I’m at a loss now as to whether Aspose is the best option moving forward.

@daverobinsone31d0,

We have involved another team member to check if we can reproduce the issue at our end. Please spare us a little more time to investigate it thoroughly.

@daverobinsone31d0

We apologize for keeping you wait.

We have again tested the scenario in details and were managed to reproduce the same error in our environment. Please note that the error was not reproduced earlier, as we were running all unit tests together by selecting “Run All” option in Test Explorer of Visual Studio 2017. When we tried to run single test i.e Generate10Documents and iterate it, the issue was replicated and exception was observed.

We have logged this issue as PDFNET-44158 in our issue tracking, for the sake of correction. We have also provided the information on how to replicate this issue, to the respective team. As soon as we receive some significant feedback from product team, regarding resolution of the issue, we will let you know.

Earlier, the same exception was observed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 17.6 version and it was resolved in next version. However, please note that the scenario in which the error was occurring, was different than that of yours. In your case, you are generating PDF documents from XML and exception only occurs if we keep running single Unit Test.

Now that issue has been logged in our issue tracking system, so the product team will investigate it accordingly and we will keep you posted regarding resolution progress. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, any feedback on this yet?

@daverobinsone31d0

Thank you for getting back to us.

We would like to share with you that the issue reported by you, PDFNET-44158, is pending for analysis owing to previously logged issues. It will be scheduled on its due turn, which can take several months. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

However, we also offer Paid Support, where issues are used to be investigated with higher priority. Our customers, who have paid support subscription, report their issue there which are meant to be investigated urgently. In case your reported issue is a blocker, you may please consider subscribing for Paid Support. For further information, please visit Paid Support FAQ.

Hello,
Does this issue fixed?
I get the same error(some time) in my application and the version i used is 18.1.0.0(Aspose.PDF),below is the error message:
2021-09-12 05:30:19,546 [9548] DEBUG ConversionService [(null)] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ?? .[1](Stream [1])
at ?? .[1](String [1], Assembly

)
at Aspose.Pdf.License.SetLicense(String licenseName)
at OceanFax.Conversion.ConversionEnginePlugIn.AsposeConversionEngine.SetLicense(String compantName)
at OceanFax.Conversion.ConversionEnginePlugIn.AsposeConversionEngine.ConvertPdfToTif(String src, String dst, Int32 resolutionType, String printName, String& error)
at OceanFax.Conversion.ConversionEnginePlugIn.ConversionEngine.ConvertToTif(String sourceFile, String destFile, Int32 resolution, String printName, String& message)
i call the method in a thread and my application is a windows services.

@HomerWu

The issue was earlier logged in 18.2 version of the API and resolved in 18.8. Please note that the issue was intermittent and after making a fix, we were unable to replicate it in our environment. We also kept checking now and then and could not replicate it. Please try to upgrade your API version to the latest one which is 21.9. In case you still notice it, please let us know by sharing a simple console application able to reproduce it. We will again test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
But I’m afraid I can’t use your latest version at the moment,as our license only allows free upgrades until 26 Mar 2019,and we also waiting for you to fix other two issues(which we posted 2 years ago).

@HomerWu

In that case, would you please try using the 19.3 or 19.2 version of the API and see if the issue still persists.

Would you please share the ticket IDs for those issues? We will check their current status and share it with you.