Exception in setLicense for Aspose-Words for Java

Hi,

I have successfully compiled and run my program on a Windows PC running Java 8 (Oracle JDK - 1.8.0_321), however when I run this program on our server, WebpShere 9.0.5.18 with also running Java 8 but from IBM version 1.8.0_391 get the following exception:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.aspose.words.License]: Factory method 'setLicenseKey' threw exception; nested exception is com.aspose.words.internal.zzXO: Exception on self test: Array index out of range: 32: EC
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:185)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiate(ConstructorResolver.java:653)
	... 45 more
Caused by: com.aspose.words.internal.zzXO: Exception on self test: Array index out of range: 32: EC
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzYC2.zzXK2(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzWC3.zzXK2(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzWC3.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:340)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzY0N.zzY7v(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzY0N.zzYpK(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzY0N$zzXK2.run(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzY0N.zzXcS(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzVYh$zzWS3.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzVYh$zzXK2.zzXK2(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzzS.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzYb0.zzWS3(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.internal.zzYb0.zzYKF(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.zzYOw.zzYKF(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.zzYOw.zzWS3(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.zzYOw.zzXK2(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.zzXMG.zzXK2(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.zzXMG.zzWUT(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.zzXMG.zzVWC(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.zzXMG.zzYtJ(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)
	at com.citibank.mi.configurations.AsposeConfigLicense.setLicenseKey(AsposeConfigLicense.java:26)
	at com.citibank.mi.configurations.AsposeConfigLicense$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$30038d41.CGLIB$setLicenseKey$0(<generated>)
	at com.citibank.mi.configurations.AsposeConfigLicense$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$30038d41$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$28a9a10f.invoke(<generated>)
	at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:244)
	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassEnhancer$BeanMethodInterceptor.intercept(ConfigurationClassEnhancer.java:331)
	at com.citibank.mi.configurations.AsposeConfigLicense$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$30038d41.setLicenseKey(<generated>)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:90)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:508)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:154)

I am using ASPOSE Total for Java - version: 24.1, with the previous version 22.8 I don’t have this exception for both environments, only for the new version.

PC Windows: - Oracle Java JDK:

Websphere Server - IBM Java JDK:

Is there anything I need to do to get this to run on the server ?

Please any help will be helpful because we will update to the new version due to some bugs that were resolved after version 22.8.

Thanks,
Carlos Brito

@CarlosBrito
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSJAVA-2932

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi Alexey,

I saw that Issue ID: WORDSJAVA-2932 is “closed”, what was the resolution or which version this will be fixed for “Aspose TOTAL for Java” product?

Thanks in advance.
Carlos Brito.

@CarlosBrito The issue is resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the upcoming 24.4 version of Aspose.Words for Java, which will be released within a week or so.
There will be a separate JAR for IBM Java JDK.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-2932) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 24.4 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-2932) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 24.4 update.