Exception initializing Presentation with stream

Hi,

We have problems to initialize a Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Presentation with a stream.

An exception occurs in the constructor call.

Example :

stream = System.Net.ConnectStream

presentation = new Presentation(stream);

-> NotSupportedException - “This stream does not support seek operations”

We get this stream from a Sharepoint api and try to initialize a Presentation. This type of stream does not support seek (stream.CanSeek = false)

It happens with Aspose.Slides version 16.1.0.0

But it worked previously with the older version 15.6.0.0

Is there a way to use Presentation with a ConnectStream ? It works indirectly if the file is loaded using a MemoryStream.

Thank you,

Reto

Hi Reto,

I have observed the issue shared by you and suggest you to please set the stream position to 0 before loading the presentation from ConnectStream. Please share the feedback if there still an issue on your end.

Many Thanks,

Dear Aspose Support,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have tried to set the stream position to 0 before the constructor call of the Presentation.

But it seems this stream type doesn’t support any positioning or seek operation. Access to Position property also causes an exception.

(I have attached a screenshot of the exception)

Please let me know if there is a solution.

Otherwise we have to find a workaround.

Best regards,

Reto

Hi Reto,

I have observed the issue shared by you in pdf file. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-37240 has been cerated in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. For the time being, I suggest you to please following the approach of converting ConnectStream to memory stream and then loading that using Aspose.Slides.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37240) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.