Exception on saving PPTX "An entry with the same key already exists."

Hi,

using the following .Net code

private void test()

{

Presentation pres = new Presentation(Server.MapPath("/") + "Templates\\Template1.pptx");

pres.Save(Server.MapPath("/") + "Output\\Output1.pptx", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

}

the application throws an exception "An entry with the same key already exists." in System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.Add() but not for all used templates. Some pptx templates work fine.

What's the cause of this exception? The code is simple enough to do not fail.

Is there any (maybe hidden) part inside of PPTX templates which is not supported by Aspose.Slides?

Regards

o2t2

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the comments shared by you and request you to please share the problematic presentation with us. I will investigate the issue on my end to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

attached the files t1.pptx, which can be opened and saved and the file t_error.pptx, which fails on saving.

Regards

o2t2

Hi Steffen,

I have tried accessing the presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.6.0 on my end and have been able to reproduce the issue with t_error.pptx. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35619 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

We are also having the same issue with a slide deck we are running through the code.

It seems the older branch of the code we were using (Slides 6.2) did not throw the error. We are in the process of migrating to the unified code base (Slides 14.x) and the error occurs.

We have verified it happens in 14.4, 14.6 and 14.7.

Is there any progress on finding the root cause of SLIDESNET-35619 yet? Is this an internal bugtracker only – or is there a way for us to actively monitor SLIDESNET-35619?

Thanks

Chadwick

Hi Chadwick,

I like to share that the issue shared has been resolved in upcoming version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.8.0, which will be released during next month. We will share the good news with you as soon as the product release will be shared online.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

when will the .Net version 14.8.0 be released?

Regards

o2t2

Hi,

I like to share that product release Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.8.0 is scheduled for delivery during next week. However, I will share the exact dates with you after confirming from our development team. You will be automatically notified as soon as the product release will be available online.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35619) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35619) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.